Where do all the old Trucks Go?

I have just watched an excellent DVD Euro Truck Cyprus 98 from PMP Transport Films. which in general had a good selection of Brit Trucks inc my Favorite the Leyland Roadtrain.so excluding Cyprus and the obvious end being the Scrapyard .Where do they go /who to /and what age and price ?.

We had the Daf dealer round a couple of years ago when some of our units were coming off lease and he was going to buy them and said they would probably be exported to Cyprus due to the manual gearbox,god knows what was going to happen to the big cabbed Strallis`s that were also going back i think they go to North Wales ,we had to be careful when the final inspection came as Iveco were very expensive if anything was wrong with them

Cyprus was one of the earlier places to bring in an age limit on import vehicles which effectively killed exports to there. Russia, Lithuania and their bordering States were the end stop for a lot of motors but Russia now has an age limit. (Russia liked the Ivecos as they will run in any temperature and are easy to convert to LHD without buying parts, although some of the bodge jobs I saw were scary). A lot went to China via Russia as they won’t buy direct from the UK (I got my own back on them by only eating kebabs for a month). Now most are going to Africa mainly via Shearness or Immingham.

Just came back with F10 and loaded tilt from LT via sweden ,loaded with F12 and 95 ati daf and 2300 daf all LHD , Volvos for S.America,Daf for Africa here are some pics ,came home on freighter from Gothemburg 30 hours very boring!!!

hi toureg123 can not see any off those pics :frowning: Paul

Got the photos up now,here are some in northern Chile ,Attacama desert.

Some more in africa stobarts shunter and one of fagan & Whalley scanias waiting to clear customs on Tanzania Border,

Blimey!!! ■■■■■■ & Walnut take on Africa!!!

Is that a Spiers & Hartwell tag-axle Scania in that shed too?

yes marky it is , in the bonded shed at Dar es sallaam , pic here of some ex p&o here also,

And unless I’m very much mistaken, three pics up from the S&H tag Scania is an ex RT Keedwell Streamline Scania too.

Great stuff :smiley: :smiley:

yep it is a ex keedwell motor,some more pics,

kenya10 121.JPG

I took this in the Gambia a couple of years back.

Some Tg mans in North sudan ,French Volvo shipped in to move transformers down to Khartoum , the drivers were french aswell ,coundnt trust the locals with that job!!