Where are the wagons?

Going down the M1 this morning near Woodall and the reduction in wagons on the roads obvious. Not a good sign…

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Being out on the road you’ll soon be in the minority with everyone furloughed sat at home

It’s all very civilised at the moment, apart from the usual pallet-track/line/ways/ex or whatever, double deckers still tearing around early evening, but nowhere near as many of them. Hardly any boxes or car transporters either.
Its been very much, after you, no after you I insist. Cant remember the last time I had a good elephant race :laughing: :laughing:

Fuzrat:
Cant remember the last time I had a good elephant race

Yep.
Keeping someone hanging out there isnt the same if there aint a queue of angry car drivers being held up, is there?

I haven’t been sat in traffic since lockdown started.
Came back to Manchester from Cramlington through the rush hour yesterday and was sat on cruise for pretty much the whole journey.
No traffic at all.

Mpg up, no harsh braking, less stress and shorter journey times.

youtu.be/d34ja5LGjmA

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

sck04560:
Going down the M1 this morning near Woodall and the reduction in wagons on the roads obvious. Not a good sign…

Personally I think it is a good sign. Boris said stay at home and it seems some are listening. :wink:

2am Sunday morning I drove from Washington to York and it wasn’t until I got to Leaming Bar that I saw another vehicle, a distance of nearly 50 miles

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

i went for a drive in my ozone eater the other day for a run around the coast and elsewhere.
just like sunday driving here with plenty around that are deffo not essential.
went into a garage for fuel and messages as there was no queue or door guarding cabbage limiting customers,then about 60 miles later,went into another similar one with no restrictions and topped up the first lot of messages.( well the misses did as i dont do messages|).
plenty of bog/kitchen roll,and basically full shelves so looks like the lemmings have stocked everything they can stock.
i dont actually care i might have saved a few quid going through the asda/tesco rigmarole,but who needs the hassle.
plenty of trucks on the road,though noticeably less than normal,but basically just another sunday.
ive plenty to do if i want to work at home,and apart from that,its a relaxing holiday shutdown session similar to xmas…ho,ho,ho :smiley:

Nope no traffic what’s not to like. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=JSkbNq3XCFg

I suspect many of those DDs are half empty as I know even the haz pallet networks are dropping off. Non haz pallets are really plummeting due to more and more manufacturering companies shutting down.

Its noticeable that there’s plenty of “key workers” driving flashy Range Rovers, Merc convertibles etc. each morning usually at daft speeds and sitting 2" off the bumper through the roadworks…nothing new.

If they keep this lockdown going much longer, I could imagine a few of the pallet companies going bump.

Would be interested to know where a lot of the Euro trucks have gone. Noticed I could park on the A14 at night which is usually impossible.

Saw this report
m.facebook.com/793120417412016/ … tn_=EH-R
Guess it’s the same for others

I came through dartford tunnel at about 11.00 Wednesday morning and matrix signs were saying M25 closed J27 to J25 due to accident,drove straight up and off at J27 without being held up,no queue,unreal.

Well I start with a well know chilled logistics company next month and spoke to my current boss (he knew I was applying) and was given 2 options - unpaid leave or resign and when I asked him if I’d have a job when this has blown over he said probably not - took the unpaid leave option!!

I’ve noticed a considerable drop in the number of wagons since the beginning of the week. I’ve noticed on my travels that most of ECM’s transporters are parked up. Drove by a Keedwell’s depot, and saw that was chocker with tractors units and brick wagons. Two firms in my village (an aggregate tipper firm and a biomass haulier) yards were full to the brim with vehicles too. Sad sight for what would usually be foot down Friday.

I’m guessing the only firms still going are the ones with contracts for food and drink, chilled goods, and possibly the recycling / renewable energy sector. The majority of manufacturing, construction, and automotive stuff will be operating at a much reduced level, if at all.

I heard that the big green biomass machine have furloughed all but 2 in 2 of their depots along the m4 corridor…[emoji54][emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It’s the same here in France, non-essential transport isn’t moving.
<Building materials, car transporters, Convoi-Exceptionnelles>

Chilled/Frozen, ambient goods, essential goods (Butane/Propane bottles) and tankers still going .

And the live stock wagons, part of the food chain I suppose

We have three days work for both vehicles next week and thats it, been parked today (Friday) and took the time to clean and clear cab out of non essentials. I have just three weeks left at work before retirement, but I have the sneaking feeling I may be finishing at the end of next week. We have sent one vehicle back to Scania, mine will probably go when I do.
Strange way to retire into this limbo world we are in at the moment. In a way, I shall be glad to see the back of the industry as it stands these days.