Where Are The 100,000 Trucks?

ArcticMonkey:
Anyone who doesn’t believe David Ickes theories, then please watch this hour long documentary about who really controls the world and how they are able to do it. It’s shocking

rumble.com/vn7lf5-monopoly-who- … t-see.html

Excellent picture of where we are now :unamused: The old world order reinventing itself.

More LSD please.

JeffA:

ArcticMonkey:
Anyone who doesn’t believe David Ickes theories, then please watch this hour long documentary about who really controls the world and how they are able to do it. It’s shocking

I still dont believe him arctic…

You didn’t watch the link i posted then

ArcticMonkey:

Thanks.
Headed off down an interesting rabbit hole after watching that.
Pleased to see it is not the entirety of the professional class blithely accepting the narrative we are all fed.

ScaniaUltimate:

ArcticMonkey:

Thanks.
Headed off down an interesting rabbit hole after watching that.
Pleased to see it is not the entirety of the professional class blithely accepting the narrative we are all fed.

Share it to as many people as you can. Most won’t even bother watching it but those who do will be able to make better sense of why and how were in the situation we find ourselves in today

Oh come on - you arnt telling me that out of all the 9 billion people on the planet you think that old goalkeeper david icke has figured it out? Really? Did Peter “The Cat” Springett let him on secrets only old goalies are privy to?

That “cashless society” remark wasnt some nostradamus like prediction - more credit cards mean less cash floating about. You dont need special powers to realise that do you.

And dont ignore all the things he was wrong about that he never mentions so as to look great and wise - 15 years ago he was arguing the Queen had Marvel comic powers. "Shes got a stick!! “Thats just to fool you, she can squat 300k…”

ArcticMonkey:

Thanks for posting that, will watch later on.
Latvian mate of mine was telling me about it, he’s no fool and highly recommends viewing.

idrive:

Build5:

idrive:
As we all know, there is absolutely definitely a shortage of 100,000 truck drivers in the UK, and it is the sole reason for the imminent collapse of civilization.
(Source: The Government, The Media, And everyone who isn’t a truck driver)

So where are all the trucks?
Wait time for a new one is now measured in years, not months. Almost impossible to rent anything. Are they squirreled away being polished ready for the high earning hordes of new drivers?

Just another reason why it doesn’t add up. Any driver who still believes the media or government on anything, from Brexit to vaccines and everything inbetween, needs to seriously rethink.

There’s a very simple answer - Just In Time

Japan created this amazing system over many decades with the full cooperation of its suppliers, staff, government and banks. There are some serious downsides Japan was well aware of this. They spent millions creating ‘systems within systems’ to remove shocks.

The rest of the world looked at this truly unique system that required minimal warehousing or storage and the spectacular savings that could be made. They created their own Frankstein’s monster loosely based on JIT. All the benefits, f*CK the risk cover side, that costs money!

And here we are today…

Companies using a [zb] model to generate even more profits with no insurance built in.

This is no different to the 2008 housing crash in the states. Everyone chasing immediate profit with no thought for tomorrow.

Lots of firms today openly saying they’re abandoning JIT all together… but that’s throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Nobody expected Covid. Nobody expected the Black Swan. You don’t need to expect them, you need to cover yourself Just In Case.

There’s hundreds of YouTube videos on this subject

That does not explain why it’s almost impossible to rent a tractor unit. The hire firms should have yards full of them if there is 100000 drivers missing and empty shelves allover and containers uncollected at ports.

Why are there no trucks for hire?

There was a news story in Commercial Motor a few weeks back talking about the huge rise in O license applications for single unit/no trailer.

I reckon a lot of guys have seen the shortage and thought this is the perfect time to make the jump to owner driver especially as you can be working Amazon freight the day after the license is granted.

Obviously it doesn’t alter the number of drivers by one jot, but it does affect used truck prices/rentals.

JeffA:
Oh come on - you arnt telling me that out of all the 9 billion people on the planet you think that old goalkeeper david icke has figured it out? Really? Did Peter “The Cat” Springett let him on secrets only old goalies are privy to?

That “cashless society” remark wasnt some nostradamus like prediction - more credit cards mean less cash floating about. You dont need special powers to realise that do you.

And dont ignore all the things he was wrong about that he never mentions so as to look great and wise - 15 years ago he was arguing the Queen had Marvel comic powers. "Shes got a stick!! “Thats just to fool you, she can squat 300k…”

You still haven’t viewed the link have you Jeff?
You keep bringing up David Icke in response to the video but he doesn’t appear in it at all. I merely stated that what David Icke has spoken of in the past, is also mentioned in the video, such as the very few people who actually control the whole world.
Please take an hour to watch it Jeff, forget about icke. I’d seriously be interested in someones opinion who watches the video who comes from quite an opposite world viewpoint from myself.

On a sidenote, about mocking David Icke and the whole shape shifting lizard thing…i’ll presume you’re a staunch athiest and don’t have a religious bone in your body?, because if you follow any religion then you’d be a very big hypocrite

Juddian:
Thinking more about it, i had LSD once, it was standard fitment on my Hilux, never rated it to be honest set too tight in my humble and instead of allowing one wheel to slip in a possible overenthusiastic oversteer likely situation, it was almost at locked diff stage leading to serious possibility of a full spin out if you didn’t catch it early enough.
Not sure where the mushrooms featured mind.

I know the answer to this one, the LSD lets you drive over the mountain picking the mushrooms without getting bogged down

Richie

Thankyou Arctic Monkey, i’ve just watched that video.

I thought i was awake to just how far down the road we’d gone, but sitting here in a state of shock at just how much power the few have.

Build5:
There was a news story in Commercial Motor a few weeks back talking about the huge rise in O license applications for single unit/no trailer.

I reckon a lot of guys have seen the shortage and thought this is the perfect time to make the jump to owner driver especially as you can be working Amazon freight the day after the license is granted.

Obviously it doesn’t alter the number of drivers by one jot, but it does affect used truck prices/rentals.

You can’t put a tractor unit but no trailer on an O licence application even if you only intend to do traction work.
An O licence application is a complicated business you generally can’t afford to employ a transport manager on subby rates so need a CPC then you need to find an operating base which isn’t cheap and the reserve cash fund required can be the deal breaker certainly was in my case.
As for truck supply most if not all of the most suitable type trucks for a new start owner driver have gone or are going for export to developing countries which aren’t hampered by our impossible eco regulations.
While we’d expect to see loads of employed drivers making the leap.
If there are any real owner driver opportunities in Boris’ new utopia they will be for those based outside the EU, let alone UK, therefore not subject to all the eco bs and traction will be the default option for sucessful cabotage operations.
Which probably explains why we’re not seeing a mass exodus of employed UK drivers all walking away to start up on their own with a cheap unit.

ArcticMonkey:
On a sidenote, about mocking David Icke and the whole shape shifting lizard thing…i’ll presume you’re a staunch athiest and don’t have a religious bone in your body?, because if you follow any religion then you’d be a very big hypocrite

It is possible to believe that much of what’s contained in the Bible is meant as metaphor and parable but no less, in fact all the more, credible for it, just like shape shifting Lizards could be in the case of ‘the opposition’.
It all boils down to Good v Evil in the end.

> JeffA:
> More LSD please.

I toured Europe with the Grateful Dead - I had 2 wagons on sound & lights while Edwin Shirley had the contract for the stage.
We were warned that to be safe (Acid Free) only drink from the sealed bottles in the backstage supply.

That was quite a trip and an experience of a lifetime

whisperingsmith:
> JeffA:
> More LSD please.

I toured Europe with the Grateful Dead - I had 2 wagons on sound & lights while Edwin Shirley had the contract for the stage.
We were warned that to be safe (Acid Free) only drink from the sealed bottles in the backstage supply.

That would have been insane :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ArcticMonkey:

JeffA:

You still haven’t viewed the link have you Jeff?
You keep bringing up David Icke in response to the video but he doesn’t appear in it at all. I merely stated that what David Icke has spoken of in the past, is also mentioned in the video, such as the very few people who actually control the whole world.
Please take an hour to watch it Jeff, forget about icke. I’d seriously be interested in someones opinion who watches the video who comes from quite an opposite world viewpoint from myself.

I have watched that vid, but I am guessing I am of a similar viewpoint as you already. I did watch some amazing videos about the financial crisis in 2007-8 and how that came about and that totally changed my thinking.

Juddian:
Thankyou Arctic Monkey, i’ve just watched that video.

I thought i was awake to just how far down the road we’d gone, but sitting here in a state of shock at just how much power the few have.

Hope it awakens those who are sleepwalking into oblivion

Deep down I do not think we are all as daft as the nobs think we are …back in 2006 they were trying to flog new houses "£130000 ads were £100 down and move in I thought this can not be right…2008 the big crash and all those people who bought into it most lost…here we go again house price explosion then covid and the gov give out gimmicks "stamp duty cut " so more people buy into it and push prices up more…here is the punch line now they have sucked more people they are going to put up interest rates…nothing to do with trucks but it shows what our leaders are like

mburt 80:

whisperingsmith:
> JeffA:
> More LSD please.

[/quote]
[/quote]

I guess it was — Rock Scully’s book starts at Ally Pally in London on that trip https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/110502.Living_with_the_Dead
Sorting the paperwork with Scully was not your usual and he brought his own mirror

whisperingsmith:

mburt 80:

whisperingsmith:
> JeffA:
> More LSD please.

[/quote]
[/quote]

I guess it was — Rock Scully’s book starts at Ally Pally in London on that trip https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/110502.Living_with_the_Dead
Sorting the paperwork with Scully was not your usual and he brought his own mirror

I wonder what he was using that for… lolol