Where are all the foxes?

When Foxhunting was banned we were told by Godfrey and his merry men that they were controlling the number of foxes in the country, and if they werent allowed to brutally kill them every weekend we would be overrun by them.

I havent seen a Fox either in a field , crossing a road or as toad kill for ages maybe Godfrey was wrong?.

It suits me i hated them ■■■■■ for killing foxes for fun anyway.

they are getting shot more & also trapped & then killed

crossing a road or as toad kill for ages

Vicious buggers them toads… :slight_smile:

Ther are quite a few “foxes” in my office :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well before the ban foxes were “managed” ie they here hunted and controlled, but not wiped out

Now there is no hunting of them they are being wiped out by more efficient means of shooting and snaring

Rest assured if the fox could talk id bet you they would sooner be hunted than shot. At least when huned they had a chance.

ralliesport:
Well before the ban foxes were “managed” ie they here hunted and controlled, but not wiped out

Now there is no hunting of them they are being wiped out by more efficient means of shooting and snaring

Rest assured if the fox could talk id bet you they would sooner be hunted than shot. At least when hunted they had a chance.

Chased acroos a field by idiots on horseback shouting, swearing and blowing horns chasing him until his very last breath is taken from his lungs and then left for hounds to rip him apart bit by bit , piece by piece (only after the leader of the pack has ripped his tail off to wipe blood on the children), BUT wait he finds a hole to hide in only to be dug out by the sphincters with the intelligence of a fish and then as above left to the mercy of the hounds.

Or shot by a bullet through the head instant death no chase, no hounds, no spades hitting him on the head, no tail ripped off just killed by the bullet instantaneous and painless.

I know what one i would pick.

Or shot by a bullet through the head instant death no chase, no hounds, no spades hitting him on the head, no tail ripped off just killed by the bullet instantaneous and painless.

Unfortunately it’s more likely to be snared and left to bleed to death painfully. Can’t say if either way is better, but it’s kinda like the slaughterhouse thing - if you don’t see it, you can pretend it doesn’t happen. :unamused:

Most foxes in this cooler weasther venture closer to the city.
I have some who visit my garden on a regular basis which is nice. (The cat hates them but they just ignore him!)
I have seen one or two killed on the road which is always sad.
I think - or hope - that soon they will be classed as valued British wildlife the same as badgers and protected as they are.
It seem a very outdated and primitive issue to have them victimised as they have been for so long.

jammymutt:

So youd rarther be shot in the stomach and slowly bleed to death over a day or two that be killed in a few seconds by a pack of dogs?

I like to think im a good shot but no one can say that they can shoot a fox in the head, and if you do shoot one you dont bother following up to see if its dead or is going to die in agony because you sometimes cant find it.

As for the chase well thats nature, it happens all over the world.

ralliesport:

jammymutt:
few seconds by a pack of dogs?

if the word ■■■■ was allowed on here i would tell you to ■■■■ off but its not allowed.

ralliesport:
I like to think im a good shot but no one can say that they can shoot a fox in the head, and if you do shoot one you dont bother following up to see if its dead or is going to die in agony because you sometimes cant find it.

So you are a crap shot and you shoot randomly hoping you might hit something BUT in a split second you see your prey shoot it and then moments after you forget where your gun was, how far you shot and, where you were shooting?.

Do you take drugs when you shoot or are you just suffering from Alzheimers and forget immediately after you do something where you done it?

Do you ■■■■ the bed and then blame someone else because you cant remember who done it just before it happened?.

Any GOOD hunter kills their prey they NEVER let it die after wounding it.

jammymutt:
So you are a crap shot and you shoot randomly hoping you might hit something BUT in a split second you see your prey shoot it and then moments after you forget where your gun was, how far you shot and, where you were shooting?.

Do you take drugs when you shoot or are you just suffering from Alzheimers and forget immediately after you do something where you done it?

Do you [zb] the bed and then blame someone else because you cant remember who done it just before it happened?.

Any GOOD hunter kills their prey they NEVER let it die after wounding it.

No but they are big fields over big areas.

Good hunters? Im not hunting, im killing. If it is shot it will die in the next five seconds or next couple of days.

you shoot to kill & then follow on to dispatch it after the initail shot.

Mothertrucker:
It seem a very outdated and primitive issue to have them victimised as they have been for so long.

can you stop them victimising my sheep as well ?

Denis F:

Mothertrucker:

can you stop them victimising my sheep as well ?

Build a fence. :wink:

IT always struck me as strange when people like Ralliesport say, The hunt thats nature.
Well surely a fox hunting chickens and sheep is nature so should be allowed without persecution.