Where am I? part trois. Solved by Toowise

You’ll only know this if you’ve been there.

DunQuerke … Flanders ?

Wrong country, but I can see why you said that.

Looks like even Wolfie is stumped as he hasn’t posted yet. :laughing:

Ken.

jersey… guernsey

my first thought was Flatholm in the Bristol Channel with Weston super mare in the background

Sadly not guys, although water does feature prominentley in the area.

Ken.

Angelsey

Sadly not.

Ken.

Lindisfarne ■■

toowise:
Lindisfarne ■■

Blimey. Never thought anyone would get that. :open_mouth:

Well done that man.

It is indeed Lindisfarne. It’s the old coastguard tower on the headland above the priory looking out over the North sea. It is owned by Natural England, and they gave us permission to use it a couple of years ago for ham radio. Nobody ever gets to go inside it. The glass room at the top has a balcony around it that’s about 18 inches wide, and as you can see, there is no guard rail.

Ken.

Dammit lol I recognised it as a coastguard tower but it didn’t show up on the list. Lindisfarne, almost local as well :unamused:

Think your first post is wrong then Quinny, Ive never been there. :smiley:

Then again it was a pure guess so you’re probably right :blush: :blush:

It is a place Ive seen from the A1 many times and somewhere I have on my list of places to see before I die and go to Devon

The island is stunning. We are there again in July (15th-18th) for or annual radio ham jaunt. We will be in a field on the approach road to the castle.

If you go, a couple of things to bear in mind…

1. Take heed of the tide times. people have been caught out, so beware.

2. Buy the local drink called mead. It’s available at the winery on the island, and is very sweet, but very potent.

It is very busy in the summer, but the place is so tranquil.

Ken.

Awww ick! That mead stuff is only nice if you’re the sort of person that would put sugar on a sugary doughnut :angry: