When you're desperate to get back before weekend

Link removed. Videos also come under the rules on language. Colingl

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Sorry, this content isn’t available at the moment

andy187:

It’s just going to be doze parked up in a lay by (loaded with wines and spirits :smiley: ) waiting for his Mrs to pick him up to run him home for his steak dinner. :laughing:

robroy:

andy187:

It’s just going to be doze parked up in a lay by (loaded with wines and spirits :smiley: ) waiting for his Mrs to pick him up to run him home for his steak dinner. [emoji38]

I’ve changed the link, hopefully it will work [emoji106]

In the 70’s and 80’s when we wanted to get home on Friday nights we still wanted our night out money, we would stop at either Toddington or Corley services, hold out our log books or tacho cards to get lifts home, then get a ride back to the lorry on Saturday morning. I remember one guy walking into the yard one Saturday saying he had ‘Logged it’ home and lost his keys, the manager got me to drive him to Toddington with a spare set so he could collect his lorry and drive back … He still got his night out pay :laughing:
In another incident I had delivered a Manchester city double decker bus to their bus station and was told to get a train back and the fare would be refunded to me, obviously I ‘Logged it’ back but got as far as Watford Gap services that afternoon, I gave up trying to get a lift from there. I phoned Swifts and asked if someone could pick me up ? “What happened to getting the train ?” asked the manager.
“I jumped off as we passed Watford Gap” I said and laughed. They sent a guy in a car to get me. Next day I asked for the train fare and he said “But we came and got you, how much was the fare ?”
“I don’t know” I replied.
He phoned Northampton station and asked how much the fare was and paid me. You don’t get many employers like that these days.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

stuwozere1:
Link removed. Videos also come under the rules on language. Colingl

Sorry bud, would help if I listened to the whole video myself first

I knew a driver at a firm i worked for who used to sneak home on a night out and hide his wagon at home then drive back to where he was supposed to be in the morning. This went well for a long time then one night he sneaked home and went to his local for a pint and who’s there but the transport manager, the driver told him he thumbed it home so no problem as it was the accepted thing to do. Problem came early in the morning as he just left home to sneak back to where he should be when a car failed to negotiate a bend and hit his wagon right in the diesel tank, police and fire brigade were called so his jig was up.

Driver was not fired but told not to do it again so back to normal operating procedure. :smiley: