When You Pass In Auto gearbox do You still get Manual licen

Hi guys it might seem as a longshot i know this question has been on this forum before but I just can’t get it.

Look it turns out that I will be Trained in Automatic truck and also Automatic Truck for Exam. Does it still count for me Obtaining Full Manual licence without any limitations that I may only drive Automatic Gearbox Truck? The training starts on the 14th of July with the exam on the 18th. Please do respond asap as I’m getting nervous about it and don’t know if i will get the full Manual licence in result.

PS. I’ve found some info about that when You pass In Auto you can ONLY drive Auto trucks and that got me scared as mine future job prospects might also be limited by that factor.

I’ll appreciate your quick response to this one THANKS

Yes. You have nothing to worry about.
The rules changed the day before I took my C+E (in a manual artic!)

I should say “provided you hold a manual car license” . Before the one and only ROG beats me to it :wink:

Thanks for reply Hopefully I wont get the code 78 restriction that’s what it was before called i think.

Quote from gov website. Allowing those persons who take a lorry or bus test on an automatic vehicle to gain a manual entitlement for those vehicles, if they already hold a manual entitlement in the following categories: B, B+E, C, C+E, C1, C1+E, D, D+E and D1+E

At present, where a driver holds a car driving licence, and then takes his lorry or bus test on an automatic vehicle, his driving licence will restrict him to only being able to drive large automatic vehicles. This change removes this restriction.

th2013:

That’s a Bummer :frowning:

Yeah I hold Clean Cat B shiny Manual Licence :slight_smile:

Dan17uk:
Thanks for reply Hopefully I wont get the code 78 restriction that’s what it was before called i think.

Quote from gov website. Allowing those persons who take a lorry or bus test on an automatic vehicle to gain a manual entitlement for those vehicles, if they already hold a manual entitlement in the following categories: B, B+E, C, C+E, C1, C1+E, D, D+E and D1+E

At present, where a driver holds a car driving licence, and then takes his lorry or bus test on an automatic vehicle, his driving licence will restrict him to only being able to drive large automatic vehicles. This change removes this restriction.

th2013:

That’s a Bummer :frowning:

Yeah I hold Clean Cat B shiny Manual Licence :slight_smile:

Your manual category B will provide a manual pass on the C test.