When will the battery power run out?

OK so I feel like I should know this but i don’t so…

If I was stopped for 3 hours and I had got the radio on and my phone and Ipad on charge am i likely to run the battery flat? or will it stop me when the power gets to low?

The last thing I want to do is stop and not be able to start after a tip.

Sorry for a silly question. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Thanks

Going by some of the gear drivers have in their cab I think it will take a lot more than radio, phone, and iPad to run the battery down.

MrGodSquad:
OK so I feel like I should know this but i don’t so…

If I was stopped for 3 hours and I had got the radio on and my phone and Ipad on charge am i likely to run the battery flat? or will it stop me when the power gets to low?

The last thing I want to do is stop and not be able to start after a tip.

Sorry for a silly question. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Thanks

Your battery won’t even notice those for 3 days let alone 3hrs!

I have my cooler box on constant, park up normally 5-6pm and truck not touched till around 12hrs later, never had a problem starting it and the cooler draws far far far more than your radio-iPhone/iPad so for that short a period don’t worry about it

ive been running my fridge,phone charger and this laptop im typing on now for 8 hours solid and theres no sign of the battery dyi

I left lights on for 9 hours at Scania unit and found later I could not start the engine because of flat battery.

me battery went flat there,but ive ran the engine for 5 mins so theres no way itl cut out a

Radio and iPad/phone chargers don’t pull much current. The iPad/phone charger will stop drawing current once the device is charged anyway. You should have no problems unless you’re leaving them on for days, or the truck’s batteries are already knackered.

We sometimes run tail lifts through Anderson leads for up to an hour, which may be on a different circuit, and have never had issues. I’m thinking a tail lift will draw ones amps than an i Pad.

that’s me all charged up again,these chineese batteries are great and theres no way there going to run ou

I leave my chargers on all night, battery is fine with it. Pretty sure I could leave them on for a week and it still wouldn’t drop charge.

Chances are your courtesy light draws more battery power than all your chargers. The radio will draw a few amps, but with 2 x 100-150 amp hour batteries in the box, you shouldn’t have a major issue.

Road lights are a little different, unless LEDs. Each 55w headlamp bulb will draw over 2 amps @ 24v. Add all the head, tail, & marker lamps together and you could be drawing 20 amps before you know it. After a few hours, even a fully charged set of batteries will be dropping voltage at a rate of knots, and will struggle to provide enough power for the glow plugs, let alone cranking a big cold engine over to start.

I definitely think im going to have to buy better quality bat… :smiley:

dieseldog999:
I definitely think im going to have to buy better quality bat… :smiley:

It is the newbie forum DD , i was there with you , you old fu

Think i must have them cheap batterys as well :wink: