When to ask around about booking?

Hi again, not posted here in a while!

I’ve got my multiple choice and hazard perception theories done now. Just waiting on the certificate to come through the post!

But I am not sure when to start asking about bookings? What’s the usual waiting time between making a booking and the actual tuition starting?

Providing you have your pass letter from the test centre for both tests then I would take them with you to your local training school and talk to them about availability. Some are busy and you may be waiting a month - 6 weeks for a slot.

Avoid the brokers

Look at the recommended training schools link below

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

and check out schools in your county that have given a good service to others on here.

Good luck

Dean

Same as just said ^^

All the best with your new career. :smiley:

Okay, thanks chaps. :sunglasses:

Just a mild update. I had my assessment drive today at Hindley Green LGV with Paul. I thought it was great, and in my opinion Paul is a fantastic instructor. I think it was because of him that I found the 18 ton Iveco not as difficult as I was imaging it would have been to start getting used to.

I also love the mirrors on this thing! It’s like OMG I can see things properly! Cars should have proper mirrors too, not ones so small that you can’t see anything with them. :laughing:

I remember scuffing a kerb once on the drive. The rest of the time it felt it was more a case of getting used to the vehicle really, things like the slap over gearbox for instance and air brakes! Oh and the sprung seat was a novelty which took a few minutes to become accustomed to as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

If all goes to plan my tuition should begin in the next couple of weeks or so. :sunglasses:

All the best with your training and test :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with it hope all goes well sound like you really enjoyed the assessment drive