When should i apply for digicard

hi guys ive just done my medical and i am about to send licence off to dvla to have hgv provisional added and wanted to know at what point i need to apply for a digicard.
All so i spoke to a company near me who are going to start doing driver training they have told me that they will charge about £600 for both classes so a massive saving there also they will pay me £65 per day while training which is okay in my eyes the only thing they want in return is that you have to work for them for 2 years after test passed wanted a little bit of advice on that as well. what you want to be paid after test passed e.t.c :smiley:

No harm applying for your digicard now. Its out of the way and done then. And £600 for both classes is mega cheap! Never heard of anyone to pay you while doing your training either especially as you won’t be doing any work. Is it a reputable company? Just sounds almost too good to be true.

Apply for your digicard reasonably soon. It will start it’s 5 year period when you get it but it’s better to waste a week or two than end up not being able to work.

On the other matter, as a general rule I would say you’re better off sorting out your own licence. That way, you hold all the cards. But it looks like a tempting offer. I would look carefully at ALL the small print. Are you going to tell us who they are? If they are “starting driver training” are they using you as a guinea pig? Is their trainer qualified or just a driver wanting a quieter life? Have they a reversing area. Do they have a properly equipped vehicle? Could be £600 up the shoot.

Try and find out. Send me a pm if you wish and I’ll try to advise you. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

deck21:
hi guys ive just done my medical and i am about to send licence off to dvla to have hgv provisional added and wanted to know at what point i need to apply for a digicard.
All so i spoke to a company near me who are going to start doing driver training they have told me that they will charge about £600 for both classes so a massive saving there also they will pay me £65 per day while training which is okay in my eyes the only thing they want in return is that you have to work for them for 2 years after test passed wanted a little bit of advice on that as well. what you want to be paid after test passed e.t.c :smiley:

You are allowed to name the company so please do so as there may be another who knows something of them

benbailey81:
No harm applying for your digicard now. Its out of the way and done then. And £600 for both classes is mega cheap! Never heard of anyone to pay you while doing your training either especially as you won’t be doing any work. Is it a reputable company? Just sounds almost too good to be true.

the company is massive not stobarts they mainly do fridge work and see alot of tankers have sites all over the uk have a reputation for polish drivers working there and money not the best i believe. I dont want to namr them until i have sorted things out with them but i will sometime in the future