When Can You Ignore Tachograph Rules?

mod vehicles also exempt…fire brigade…essential service vehicles although plans to change the law regards to some exempt vehicles are in motion…

theres also dead cattle over thirty months old from slaughter house to incinerator,you have to use your log book

We are obliged by law to abide by tachograph rules.

However, there is one type of goods that you are allowed to carry, the carriage of which exempts you from complying with all tachograph rules.

Which goods?

Vince

Anything loaded in Ireland or Austria or Poland or …

My answer would be:

Sh…er,sorry - EFFLUENT :smiley:
I think another type of waste disposal, household refuse collection is also exempt. Am I right :question: :wink:

Graham.

Both wrong!

Vince

I believe LIVE CATTLE is exempt. But I know for a fact from doing show work that mobile exhibition and show trailers are exempt.

Live animals are only exempt if they are being carried from farms to local markets (and back) or from markets to local slaughterhouses.

Vehicles used in conection with shi… sewage :wink: are exempt as are those carrying circus or fun fair equipment. Postal articles are also exempt.

There is quite a long list of exemptions but those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

There is one type of load which any lorry driver can carry, which COMPLETELY EXEMPTS HIM/HER FROM ALL TACHOGRAPH RULES.

Just one type of load. Keep on guessing.

It`s a genuine question.

Vince

Dead bodies. No hang on they are exempt from CMR regulations not tacho. :smiley:

Glider Engines or sailplane fuel■■?

Or maybe the royal corgis or what’s left of them

Would it be a load of Irish passports? :wink:

Just for you, here it is…

21 WHEN DO I NEED A TACHOGRAPH?
Under the EC rules you must use a tachograph to record hours of driving, other work, breaks and rest periods. The only exception is when driving a vehicle engaged in the collecting of sea coal. In this one case you are subject to the EC drivers’ hours rules but do not need a tachograph.

Source

transportcafe.co.uk/dh_7_36.htm

Vince

Pardon my ignorance anyone know what “Sea Coal” is ?

When coal started to replace wood as the main means of heating and for industry etc the coal used was surface coal and this was often referred to as sea coal because the largest supplies were found on the coast.

Newcastle, in particular, was surrounded by huge fields of sea coal, hence not taking coals to Newcastle.

Sea coal is loaded with bitumen and sulfur and its use created environmental problems, lots of it was shipped to London from the NE and is was one of the main causes of the infamous London ‘Smogs.’

I don’t think it is used or even about very much these days so I think the chances of carrying a load of it is pretty remote.

zzarbean:
Glider Engines or sailplane fuel■■?

Hate to be pedantic, but I have flown in gliders that Do have engines and use “gliderfuel”.
There are two main types of gliders with engines.
Selfsustaining, (those that are launched by another means other than the engine) the engine is used only when you start running out of sky.
Self launching, basically a light aircraft, often used as a training aid for outlanding, you feather the prop, look for a suitable landing area, make your approach, then just before you would have to touchdown, rev the engine up and climb away.
Saves landing on a farmers valuable crops and costly recovery bills, thats if the farmer will let you be recovered.

If ever you get the chance to have a flight in a glider, DO IT, you will not be dissapointed.

the guy over the road from me drives for french transport,they transport dead animal parts,he says that he does not need a tacho nor is he governed by the drivers hours,because he works for the goverment they get the same rules which apply to the armed forces.drive as much as you want and as far as you want with just one driver,here don’t squaddies get tired or are they robots :question: :laughing:

kitkat:
because he works for the goverment they get the same rules which apply to the armed forces.drive as much as you want and as far as you want with just one driver,here don’t squaddies get tired or are they robots :question: :laughing:

I know this one :smiley: . Bein a ex-squaddie.

We drive till we feel tired. Stop, have a nap and carry on when we feel like it.

Dead simple. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth: