When am I going to sleep on this job?

Nightshift with a ferry break every day .
Two free meals on the boat(one each sailing ) , a cabin to yourself and a shower .
You get your sleep on the long boat back - 8 hours and you can grab a couple on the short sailing as well.
Downsides are storms - delayed boats
Holidays - cars first , lorries last on , if theres space . Cabins may not have a sea view or be that quiet if you have a family of 6 in the cabin next door on a day sailing when your tying to sleep .
Its a job theres better out there but it all depends on what you want and what suits you ,some may love it , I’d personally give it a miss.

lolipop:

Carryfast:
Would be ok as a job share for two older semi retired drivers at 300 quid per week each which would actually be cheaper for the operator.I’d happily take it on that basis.

If your being serious CF
I now know why you get some stick on TNUK

At face value it’s an easy Midlands-Dublin trunk £100 per day three day week.What’s not to like.

Harry Monk:

mrginge:

Carryfast:
Would be ok as a job share for two older semi retired drivers at 300 quid per week each which would actually be cheaper for the operator.I’d happily take it on that basis.

Sorry mate, elitist drivers only.

Yes, face wouldn’t fit.

Ironically translates as not expecting any shortage of applicants.You can bet that the 1 year ‘experience’ will turn into must be ‘international’ experience at the interview but we’ve got plenty of local UK work for ‘inexperienced’ drivers.
Also no job share even if it would actually cost them less.

Carryfast:
You can bet that the 1 year ‘experience’ will turn into must be ‘international’ experience at the interview but we’ve got plenty of local UK work for ‘inexperienced’ drivers.

You really need help Carryfast . UK- Ireland dosen’t come under this holy grail of international work - this is a glorifed shunting job . You’ll spend more time on the boat than you do driving - on the boat in Holyhead , off in Dublin , swap trailers and back on the boat to Liverpool.

beefy4605:

Carryfast:
You can bet that the 1 year ‘experience’ will turn into must be ‘international’ experience at the interview but we’ve got plenty of local UK work for ‘inexperienced’ drivers.

You really need help Carryfast . UK- Ireland dosen’t come under this holy grail of international work - this is a glorifed shunting job . You’ll spend more time on the boat than you do driving - on the boat in Holyhead , off in Dublin , swap trailers and back on the boat to Liverpool.

Whatever you want to call it there are obviously enough potential applicants for a 1 year experience stipulation and my bet is 2 years class 2 local multi drop new pass class 1 or even Tesco rail terminal to RDC class 1 won’t cut it.Also obviously no need to put job share welcome in the ad.Glorified shunting job indeed.

What a lot of hassle for a truly ■■■■ wage.

Worst of all, you’d have no life - and you’re not even driving a lot of the time.

It’s a “no, ■■■■ off” from me.

You’d need to double that wage to make it attractive in any way.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That’s a shocking wage considering what’s expected. Wincanton have trucks parked literally next door to this lot and pay over £16ph!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ekoh:
That’s a shocking wage considering what’s expected. Wincanton have trucks parked literally next door to this lot and pay over £16ph!

The employer in this case obviously thinks that a Dublin trunk is a more attractive job than what Wincanton is offering.
Which probably explains why the ad doesn’t say new passes welcome.

Carryfast:

Ekoh:

The employer in this case obviously thinks that a Dublin trunk is a more attractive job than what Wincanton is offering.

Maybe I’m getting the wrong end of the stick here, but seems to me like your defending this shower of ■■■■ job.
The advert clearly states 18.00-19.00 start time and catching the 9am ferry back from Dublin, 5 days a week! That’s a split break every day so you can work 15 hours, 8 hour ferry crossing home so you need to interrupt your daily rest 5 times a week, then 3 hours back to base. That’s 78 hours every week with no delays, and working nights! Take off your your night money from the salary and it’s £500 a week. That’s not even £6.50 an hour.
Let’s compare this to the Wincanton job, £16.26 an hour, mon-fri tramping, no weekends, no bank holidays, 33 holidays a year as closed from Xmas-new year and all trucks fitted with sat nav, microwave and fridge.
Glorified night trunk for less than minimum wage versus £16.26 for doing U.K. only work…….[emoji2369]

Carryfast:

Ekoh:

There you go my friend, at last you can fulfill your dream & do some real international driving, crack on Carryfast.

Ekoh:

Carryfast:

Ekoh:

Maybe I’m getting the wrong end of the stick here, but seems to me like your defending this shower of [zb] job.
The advert clearly states 18.00-19.00 start time and catching the 9am ferry back from Dublin, 5 days a week! That’s a split break every day so you can work 15 hours, 8 hour ferry crossing home so you need to interrupt your daily rest 5 times a week, then 3 hours back to base. That’s 78 hours every week with no delays, and working nights! Take off your your night money from the salary and it’s £500 a week. That’s not even £6.50 an hour.
Let’s compare this to the Wincanton job, £16.26 an hour, mon-fri tramping, no weekends, no bank holidays, 33 holidays a year as closed from Xmas-new year and all trucks fitted with sat nav, microwave and fridge.
Glorified night trunk for less than minimum wage versus £16.26 for doing U.K. only work…….[emoji2369]

To be fair I also said tell them to shove that and make it a job share.Which is more or less a game changer regarding all that obviously unpaid ferry time per week being booked as daily rest.Looks like an easy way to earn 100 quid per day to me.

dave docwra:

Carryfast:

Ekoh:

There you go my friend, at last you can fulfill your dream & do some real international driving, crack on Carryfast.

Ironically it’s not the type of Milan trunk that I was looking for in my youth.
But if I was driving trucks now leading up to retirement that would make a perfect job share to pay the bills.

Carryfast:

Ekoh:

Carryfast:

Ekoh:

Maybe I’m getting the wrong end of the stick here, but seems to me like your defending this shower of [zb] job.

To be fair I also said tell them to shove that and make it a job share.Which is more or less a game changer regarding all that obviously unpaid ferry time per week being booked as daily rest.Looks like an easy way to earn 100 quid per day to me.

Fair enough, I can see what you mean working 2/3 days a week, but for a full time job………. I’d love to say they’ll struggle to fill the position, but we all know some mug will do it

companycheck.co.uk/company/NI63 … house-data