When a truck is loaded

Guys, This may be a silly question but hey, ill only ask once :slight_smile:

So when i get a truck and it gets loaded ect, I know it is the drivers responsibility for load ect and were it is placed, BUT i take it the guys also loading sort all this?

cheers guys,

JS06:
Guys, This may be a silly question but hey, ill only ask once :slight_smile:

So when i get a truck and it gets loaded ect, I know it is the drivers responsibility for load ect and were it is placed, BUT i take it the guys also loading sort all this?

cheers guys,

I’m no driver but I’d never trust someone else’s work. If it falls off and kills a family of four, or something just gets a bit dented you will be the one held accountable; either to a manslaughter charge or a shouting at from a customer.

IMO you should always check your load/vehicle is safe and secure (same way you should always check your change in a shop), not leave it to somebody else who may be not paying attention (again with the shop comparison).

Not all of the people loading trucks will know the best way of loading it.Like you say.It is your responsibility. And if your not happy with it.Get it rearranged. Not always possible i know.Especially if your pulling euroliners and the likes of the docks.Wich would of been loaded in another country But they are normally all loaded ok anyway.

Nozza:
Not all of the people loading trucks will know the best way of loading it.Like you say.It is your responsibility. And if your not happy with it.Get it rearranged. Not always possible i know.Especially if your pulling euroliners and the likes of the docks.Wich would of been loaded in another country But they are normally all loaded ok anyway.

Thanks, So i guess most of the time its all loaded ok, i will of course make sure my self that is it all correct, Just wanted to clear it up a little

Yeah majority of the time it will be.Especially if another driver has loaded the trailer and dropped it for someone else like yourself to pickup.

ifyour in any doubt and your in a yard,then rally it to the gate,left and right,if it dosent flip by then,itl be fine… :slight_smile:

I’ve often wondered about this. I understand it is ultimately the driver’s responsibility, but if I’m pulling a sealed trailer off a bay then I cannot physically check it myself, and I don’t want to earn a reputation as a jobsworth by demanding to have it opened so I can inspect it. If I do I will quickly be dropped by the agencies.

Always treat it as if it was loaded badly. Don’t go razing it around roundabouts and you should be fine.

cheers guys

All the laws states the driver is responsible for the load, and if you’re not happy tell them. You might have to stick to your guns and you might not be popular. I know this as I’ve been there and told companies to reload a trailers. Of course it’s not so easy if you’re new to the job.

Sealed trailers are a bit more difficult, but that mitigating circumstances. But again if its a euro liner and something. Is bulging out of the curtain then it needs to be sorted, sealed or not.

Some places the people loading do know their job, and you can trust them, I used to do a lot of steel for buildings, all odd shapes, but the trailers were always loaded properly but we were responsible for chaining it down.