wheight

Does any one no if theres a certon way to wheigh a liquid load tanker by axles

I seem to remember going back a few years if “weight watchers” pulled you, they had to let you stand for 20mins to let the load settle before trying to put you over axle weigher ?

Silly young plod on m/bike once pulled me a Boston Spa weighbridge with milk tanker ( ex farm collection job ) … promptly told by weight watchers to “b…er off with that tanker” … “we’ll tell that plod NOT to stop trucks like you” :laughing:

Having not done tankers I could be wrong but as its liquid it will even itself out in the tanker so you couldnt do anything about the axle weights unlessyou have a tanker with seperate pots. If your total weight is ok and fifth wheel is set correct then your axle weights should be ok and that would be taken into account with the tanker design .

bjd:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Can no bugger spell on here■■? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Truckulent:

bjd:

Can no bugger spell on here■■? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

there’s some “R’s” missing. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH :laughing:

Truckulent:

bjd:

My apolagies for incorrect spelling i didnt realise it was a requirement for posting if it bothers you so much just ignore the post i am sure i will live without your input

Truckulent:

bjd:

It’s … Can’t anybody spell properly on here :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
p.s. think your keyboard has some sticky keys :smiley: :smiley:

Anyway keeping to the point !

bjd:

place either front or rear axle onto weighbridge, this weight will fluctuate as the liquid moves, wait until displayed weight stabilises, then note weight, place first and second axle on weighbridge, again wait until displayed weight stabilises, deduct weight of first axle from this weight and you are left with the weight imposed on second axle, third axle deduct combined weight of axles one and two and repeat as neccesary until you have all axles on weighbridge,at this point you get the weight carried by the final axle and also the gross weight of the vehicle, adding all the axle weights together should equal the displayed gross weight and if not start again cos you have ■■■■■■ up
dynamic axle weighers normaly used by VOSA cannot accuratly weigh a tanker as the vehicle has to be moving on a dynamic axle weigher and if the vehicle is moving the load is also moving unless of course you have strapped the liquid down before closing the lids

THe weigh bridge would also have to be level with the surrounding ground other wise the liquid would tip away from the axles your are weighing and you wont get an accurate weight

As said, let liquid settle, then gently and steadily drive over axle weigher, should be accurate(ish) then.

Axle weighers are designed for something like 5mph anyway.

Truckulent:

bjd:

What’s wrong with it, it is a milk tanker :laughing:

sitting for 20 minutes to let the load settle is wasting 20 minutes of your life, all you do is pull up 50 feet short, leave the handbrake off and it will settle in a couple of minutes, then the trick is to drive as slow and smooth as possible.

Leaving the handbrake off is the same trick used on a customers plate bridge, it will just rock backwards and forwards while getting an accurate weigh. I haven’t had one roll away… Yet!!!

Wheel Nut:

Truckulent:

bjd:

What’s wrong with it, it is a milk tanker :laughing:

Whey hey :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

but if vosa want to weigh you, you are not going to volunteer to leave the handbrake off while thy weigh it, are you ■■? are you ■■?

Trukkertone:
but if vosa want to weigh you, you are not going to volunteer to leave the handbrake off while thy weigh it, are you ■■? are you ■■?

Yes they will understand, most weighbridge people do, you can sit covering the brake pedal if you are unsure. VOSA will always weigh a lorry with the driver in the cab, it is the Gross weight they are after. Obviously if it is a dynamic bridge the driver is in the cab anyway.

Wheel Nut:

Trukkertone:

Yes they will understand, most weighbridge people do, you can sit covering the brake pedal if you are unsure. VOSA will always weigh a lorry with the driver in the cab, it is the Gross weight they are after. Obviously if it is a dynamic bridge the driver is in the cab anyway.

So make sure you’ve had a dump just before :laughing:

On a static weigh bridge, just leave tha handbrake off and put it in first gear (engine off) and it will settle in a few minutes.
On a dynamic bridge makes no different, there was / is a dairy in Hatfield Paveril dat had a dynamic axle weighbridge never a problem.
If a weighbridge doesn’t lay horizontal doesn’t have any influence.

There is a lot of myth around weighbridges, a couple of years ago they weighed me in Belgium and the guy would not proceed until I put the axle down, he didn’t believe that it didn’t make any difference in the weight.

A silo tanker under 2 bar pressure will weigh an extra 80 kgs on a weighbridge, and they say air doesn’t weigh anything :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Many smaller Italian and belgium weighbridges where designed for wagon and drag, and for this reason to short for arctics.
If you drove on first with the unit and weighed it and than the trailer axles weighed, together the two weights would be the same as when you would weigh it in one go ( no ned to uncouple) :exclamation: :exclamation:

caledoniandream:
On a static weigh bridge, just leave tha handbrake off and put it in first gear (engine off) and it will settle in a few minutes.
On a dynamic bridge makes no different, there was / is a dairy in Hatfield Paveril dat had a dynamic axle weighbridge never a problem.

There is a lot of myth around weighbridges, a couple of years ago they weighed me in Belgium and the guy would not proceed until I put the axle down, he didn’t believe that it didn’t make any difference in the weight.

A silo tanker under 2 bar pressure will weigh an extra 80 kgs on a weighbridge, and they say air doesn’t weigh anything :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Many smaller Italian and belgium weighbridges where designed for wagon and drag, and for this reason to short for arctics.
If you drove on first with the unit and weighed it and than the trailer axles weighed, together the two weights would be the same as when you would weigh it in one go ( no ned to uncouple) :exclamation: :exclamation:

For some strange reason there was a papermill up your way, and they insisted that you drove over the short weighbridge and then backed up placing the trailer bogie on first, obviously around 24tonne and then they let you reverse up and weighed the unit, never understood it but they reckon they couldn’t weigh you any other way :confused:

Wheel Nut:

caledoniandream:

For some strange reason there was a papermill up your way, and they insisted that you drove over the short weighbridge and then backed up placing the trailer bogie on first, obviously around 24tonne and then they let you reverse up and weighed the unit, never understood it but they reckon they couldn’t weigh you any other way :confused:

Was that not in the Inveresk Carrongrove papermill in Denny?.