Wheels

I have had a set of these, weren’t impressed
alcoa.com/alcoawheels/europe … bright.asp

Has anyone tried these?
xlitewheels.com/products.html

never used xlite wheels but had a good look at them before, they seem close to alcoa in looks but i think the xlite were a fair bit cheaper to buy, cant comment on how they will last as my polishing is not up to your standard!
moose

What’s up with the painted look then Rob?

My opinion is worth SFA, but I think the paint on yours is a better look than a set of alloys…and my favorite colour is chrome :laughing:

Xlites Rob arnt as good quality they have a better shine but like duras they seem to go down the pan after a couple of years on the trucks

I know of a few. People who have got them, and none of them have a good word to say about them

1 has had wheels cracking, another has had them changed that many times under warranty, they are no longer accepting his warranty claims

They have all said will never have them again

Ah!!! Glad I asked. Starting to think wheels are more hassle than they are worth. My painted rims are nice, but I can’t help thinkin I want shiney ones. Maybe stainless trims are the way forward. Never could fault them before. Plenty of Cloggies gone that way. Any thoughts■■?

Another option is Speedline alloy wheels, as fitted to Mercs and MAN’s.

trptruckandtrailerparts.com/ … =-12680612
A good strong wheel with a nice shiney chromed finish covered with a thick layer of laquer, but they tend to go tatty looking after a few years when stone chips in the laquer let the moisture and salt through to the chrome and it all starts to bubble :frowning:
Can’t beat set of bog standard Alcoa’s, a power washer and TFR :grimacing:

MR VAIN:
Ah!!! Glad I asked. Starting to think wheels are more hassle than they are worth. My painted rims are nice, but I can’t help thinkin I want shiney ones. Maybe stainless trims are the way forward. Never could fault them before. Plenty of Cloggies gone that way. Any thoughts■■?

Unless Ur lookin at weight loss Rob stay as u are and just use Trims if ur gona go for the bling again + as u Know bend a Dura / Ally cost a packet …
Ade.

i,ve just fitted trims all round on mine, really has transformed the look imo, think i paid about £350 all in for 3 axles

Get yourself a set of euroliners rob

Big Joe:
Another option is Speedline alloy wheels, as fitted to Mercs and MAN’s.

trptruckandtrailerparts.com/ … =-12680612
A good strong wheel with a nice shiney chromed finish covered with a thick layer of laquer, but they tend to go tatty looking after a few years when stone chips in the laquer let the moisture and salt through to the chrome and it all starts to bubble :frowning:
Can’t beat set of bog standard Alcoa’s, a power washer and TFR :grimacing:

i agree on the laquer comming off after a few years, also the tyres seem to take far more changing on speedline wheels, must be due to the shape of the wheel where the tyre bead sits
moose