Whats your top cleaning tip?

Just gave the dashboard and dials a good wipe over with glass cleaner sprayed on a cloth.
The cloth came up pretty grim! Then sprayed dash with silicone spray…comes up like a brand new truck. :smiley: .
Whats your tip for keeping your truck clean inside and out. :question:

I don’t drive a truck yet.But i clean my cars with meguiars.Best products iv ever used :sunglasses:

My top tip is not to use silicone spray on the dashboard, over time it will destroy it, not to mention the glare from it when the sun hits it.

The lovely Albanian gentlemen who clean my car for me on a regular basis always grin, nod enthusiastically and say - “No silicones mister, no silicones,” whenever I call in. I’ve trained them well. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Autosmart G101 is the best cleaner I’ve used. Even removes 5th wheel grease from trim!!! For making the large plastic areas of the dash shine, Autoglym rubber and vinyl care is the best IMO. And Back to Black for the switch and dial areas of the dash.

Paintbrush for vents and nooks and crannies.

Those daf rubber dash mats…use flash/febreeze kitchen cleaner hard rub down then autosmart berry dash on them

Baby wipes for airlines.

I kinda agree with coffee if all your company provide you with is autosmart silicone dash, wipe it off as soon as you put it on, it attracts dust and muck like nobody’s business.

Foam oven cleaner left for 5mins on catwalk then hard rub down with brush then jet wash. Maybe once every few months and your catwalk will look good not shiny shiny good but good.

All interior footwells, engine humps etc flash/febreeze kitchen cleaner leaves a nice shine. 700ml bottle is £1.50 in tesco lasts about 3 month if you do it once a week.

inside door joints/engine cover just cheap 30pence tesco polish does wonders

I use same as damoq always keep some dash wipes in the cab for a quick once over the key is little and often!wet wipes for steering wheel grip bars etc i have an airline in the cab which is good if its a dusty day, if you like your dash gleaming spray on the dash shine and wipe over then spray again but leave it come in next Morning and it’ll be gleaming oh and a dash off petrol removes most stains(obv not on your seats)

damoq:
Autosmart G101 is the best cleaner I’ve used. Even removes 5th wheel grease from trim!!! For making the large plastic areas of the dash shine, Autoglym rubber and vinyl care is the best IMO. And Back to Black for the switch and dial areas of the dash.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what this dude said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

damoq:

Ive seen that g101 on ebay but its no in marked up autosmart bottles so im a bit wary who to buy it off. We get almost everything off the autosmart guy bar this aswell!!

merc0447:

damoq:

Ive seen that g101 on ebay but its no in marked up autosmart bottles so im a bit wary who to buy it off. We get almost everything off the autosmart guy bar this aswell!!

They probably buy it in bulk from autosmart and pour it into smaller unmarked bottles to punt on ebay.

i dont know i will ask the ■■■■■ who does it for £3 :smiley:

Slob:
i dont know i will ask the [zb] who does it for £3 :smiley:

And do you think he/she will give you £3 :smiley:

All sounds a bit obsessive to me :laughing:

I use CIF all purpose cleaner on everything - Always looks ok to me and costs next to nothing in the long run

Baby wipes are a great job for removing grease from paintwork, don’t know why but they work a treat.

“pink” from Chrome North West for everything inside
Wash and wax from Chrome North West for outside
“tango” from AutoSmart after a wash to keep it shiny and protect it

Can’t beat a clean motor :sunglasses:

damoq:

+1 got a gallon in my car boot brilliant stuff, and star mist dash dressing dries with a satin finish so no glare

Get some alcohol wipes strip the dash of the grime, shower the dash evenly with mr sheen, leave overnight an buff up with a soft doth

PremiumTrucker:
“pink” from Chrome North West for everything inside
Wash and wax from Chrome North West for outside
“tango” from AutoSmart after a wash to keep it shiny and protect it

Can’t beat a clean motor :sunglasses:

I second that :smiley: “pink is the future” :wink:

Don’t use silcone slime anywhere.

Pop into Lidl or Aldi and get a bloody great pack of wet wipes (not baby wipes) for about 30 bob, keep the plastic and imitation aluminium plastic clean with those.

Leaves that semi matt finish that the lorry had when new.

Doncha just love it when the Mr Sheen fetishist sprays everything in sight, excellent when he does the dash and the overspray goes half up the screen, but i love him the most when he does the footwells, pedal rubbers (i kid you not) and the flat section across the bonnet if its rubber or p[lastic covered, you could bloody skate on it and you can’t put anything on it cos it slides straight off.

I have tried almost everything goind on the interior from Son of a gun to Armoral, silicone to windscreen cleaner. When I first got a truck that was actualy my responsiblity I shared it with a day driver, I would be taking care of the outside because I had about an hour at the end of the shift, he looked after the inside which was so clean you could use the dash aa a mirror, it was a Volvo F7, all he used was Mr Sheen, spray it on, let it dry, then buff it off, the result was like nothing I have seen since, takes a lot of elbow work but the results are amazing.

Kitchen and glass cleaner from Aldi plus wet wipes dried off with blue paper towel.Driving a 3 year old and it still looks like new inside.Cheap as chips compared to sun of a gun and the like.