Whats your thoughts?

may aswell start a new topic since found link

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18248841

Great idea, I wanna sit in the front. :laughing:

Mercedes Trucks have been trialing a system like that for the last couple of years…

I’d also want to sit In the front one…

wonder what happens when the truck turns off slip road last minute and all drivers having there coffee over a video call on lappy or over take truck infront only for last car in the train to be along side another vehicle :laughing:

personally i dont want the extra hassle or responsibility of doing this.

Make’s a mockery of the ‘If you can’t see my mirrors…’ stickers.

Cool! One of yous can take my truck with you then, so I can spend more time Mountain Biking.

Lets see what happens when the lead vehicle has a blow out,will they follow it over the centre barrier.

Automated vehicles on wide open virtually empty highways abroad - fine.

Automated vehicles on a jam packed UK trunk route - disaster waiting to happen.

rob22888:
Automated vehicles on wide open virtually empty highways abroad - fine.

Automated vehicles on a jam packed UK trunk route - disaster waiting to happen.

+1
Too true mate.
Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue when some techno-savvy anti-HGV geek or worse…lets loose with a remote control device on the vehicle CPU?
Besides who are the Border agency/HMRC going to prosecute when they discover a load of drugs or other illegal contraband/cargo being brought in through Brit ports? :smiley: :smiley: Just a thought.

Just stick a broom up my arse aswell, now i need to look after a ‘‘platoon’’ of cars?!

Don’t really see the point, I can already use my laptop and have lunch whilst driving, only thing to do is to point it in the right direction.

Theres so many things wrong with this. How long would you guys say before this is all working and on the road? Is there much point 18 year olds getting lgv licenses?

According to Volvo, drivers “can now work on their laptops, read a book or sit back and enjoy a relaxed lunch” while driving.

So what’s new about that?

Pah, nothing new there :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Exactlty the same just a little low tech :smiley:

Great I can pull off into the services, get them all tight into a corner so they can’t go anywhere then demand a fee for my driving services. I like to think of it as a well earned mugging. :laughing: