What's your favourite "trucker" movie?

I was asked that question at a family reunion … After a good reflection it’s got to be THE WAGE OF FEAR a 1959 French movie
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414352612.184826.jpg

L’amiral:
I was asked that question at a family reunion … After a good reflection it’s got to be THE WAGE OF FEAR a 1959 French movie 0

you mean.whats your favourite apart from smokey and the bandit and convoy?.. :confused:

Hell Drivers' andDuel’. :stuck_out_tongue:
& one more - which the movie’s catchphrase is: “No rig was too big for them to handle!” :grimacing:
Can you guess what it is ? :question:

White Line Fever wasn’t bad in a cheesy all American hero way, some decent tackle to watch.

Enjoyed the Cannonball series’ as a kid.

white line fever for me, although I was sure it started life as ride the white line ? or perhaps old age is clouding my mind,

Hell drivers…those dodge tippers …

Yes it has to be Hell Drivers.

It’s a close run thing between Hell Drivers and the Long Haul with Diana Dors.

220px-The_Long_Haul_1957_film_poster.jpg

None :unamused:

Duel

seth 70:
None :unamused:

Here here! There’s never been a really good trucker film IMO, although I have to say I enjoyed Duel. The documentary, Destination Doha wipes the floor with the lot of them, I’m afraid. It would probably be fun to gather the vehicles and resources to make a thriller based on the Middle-East run in the '70s or '80s. Robert

the great smokey roadblock was ok,
black dog not too bad,
use to love BJ and the bear tv series as a kid, all them years ago,

220px-Il_bestione.jpg…the beast …ii bestione (film 1974). an italian film wae subtitles ,company drivers doing all the normal stuff …shagging waitresses,fighting wae the dutch at the side o the road then buying there own truck and becoming owner drivers in the early mid 70s …8/10 i thought ,lots o old dutch,german ,italian motors.,trips through italy,germany,poland. the scenes at the truck cafe wae the guys eating a typical italian long lunch is a classic
jimmy

Womb raider
Shaving Ryan’s privates
Butman and throbbin
And my all time fave
Desperately seeking ■■■■■

We are including what comes on the DVD player with the curtains shut on a loading bay right?

It has to be Convoy, seen it as a child wanted to be a trucker. Why didn’t I watch Top Gun first.

Its got to be smokey and the bandit. East bound and down loaded up n truckin

Duel.

My favorite bit - when the trucker is at the other end of the tunnel waiting, and then menacingly turns his lights on. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

Nowdays, I can get my kicks with a TNT wagon coming into the opposite side of the A446 roundabout with the M42/M6 toll… :blush: :blush:

I’m another fan of Duel.

youtube.com/watch?v=7EXbeXTX4m8

I like the bit where he overtakes the wagon near the beginning, thinks he is away, then out of nowhere the wagon comes bearing down on him at 90mph. Oh, the fun we could have without limiters :laughing:

The bit I was talking of is at 48:00 in…

You just know you’re deep in the crapper when someone goes out of their way like that…

I used to be paranoid, but now I know for sure they really ARE out to get me

Yea, the writings on the wall. Just as bad later on when he hides for an hour, then sets off only to find the truck parked up the road waiting for him, pretty demoralising I imagine.

The truck lives on!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLy94PxIq6s

Imagine buying this and backing it onto your suburban drive way over here! :laughing: