Whats your class 2 pay

How many miles a day breaker ?

thetastytrucker:

Usually around 150. I have to carry goods through kitchens, sometimes upstairs, sometimes down to cellars. Keeps me fit though.

Close to 32k contract for 48hr week but usually 40 job and finish on nights, upto 11 drops letting ourselves into stores all handball on dollies
Based manchester

BreakerOneNine:

thetastytrucker:

Usually around 150. I have to carry goods through kitchens, sometimes upstairs, sometimes down to cellars. Keeps me fit though.

Guess who’s on for Brakes/3663/Bidvest… :stuck_out_tongue:

BreakerOneNine:
31K for 30 drops a day and absolutely busting a gut. No equipment and ridiculous deadlines, clueless route planners and managers. Still, mustn’t grumble.

I don’t think I ever did 30 drops a day even when I was a bus driver :blush:

Average around 10.5 hours per night, 2 hrs of that sleeping, 274 miles in total with 1 collection and 2-3 drops round ■■■■■■■ in a 4 wheeler, very time sensitive job - huge fines involved if stuff is late/undelivered. Invoice is usually around £170 +VAT per night for week nights, time 1.5 and time 1.75 Sats and Suns. Good little run in the Summer; in Winter take sleeping bag, shovel, snow chains and make sure night heater works. :open_mouth:

£8.10 an hour, time and a half after 45 hours. £12.10 sat/sunday rate & £25 a night out when I get one :laughing: My.usual routine involves loading, going to said place…and coming back empty. Monday for example load down to kings cross…back empty! Madness…but as I say, not paid to plan it, just to drive a wagon!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Left hand down!:

BreakerOneNine:

thetastytrucker:

Guess who’s on for Brakes/3663/Bidvest… :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve got it.

I average 50 hours a week depot trunking with a few backhaul jobs. 3 long days and 2 short days.

If hourly rate is worked out BEFORE tax then I’m on £9.50 an hour basic. I get extra per pallet for haulage work and nights out.

However, I’m not paid hourly so I sit on the limiter from start to finish and set the tacho to break whilst unloading … joking of course :unamused:

£475 minimum a week before tax … £377 a week after tax and NI. On a really busy week I can earn close to £800 before tax, but those sort of weeks are rare and very stressful.

EDIT … this is in the southeast, and yes, a bit like brakes, 3663, biddyvest, but just depot trunking not multidrop. Happy with job except for unsociable hours. Hope this helps. OP take the agency offer. Sounds like a good deal.

Damo_hall:
Just working it out did you do about 13 hours to get that? Are you on shop deliveries?

Assuming your talking to me, no. That was a straight run to Sainsburys Dartford then Asda Erith.

Not a lot per hour this week; Paid for 55/week and I’ve done 62. “Disposed of my time freely” by unloading through most breaks or I’dve done closer to 65.
Had a job offer out of the blue today…Could Muckaway be making a comeback? :laughing:

what’s your class 2 pay?
The same as my Class 1 pay …
I get paid Class 1 rates whatever Im driving, only 1 contract driving 14-18T rigids (which I havent done for 14 months) pays less, which is why I havent done it

Having been looking myself to get back on hgvs (start on class 2 to gain confidence as not much class 1 experience) I’m struggling to find anything half decent. I currently drive a van £8.30 ph , time and a half after 37.5 hrs and 33 days plus bank hols a year. Sorry is this isn’t relevant to this post

I get basic rate of £11 Monday to Friday
Then Saturday £14.50 over time if wanted
Then Sunday is £18.50 over time if wanted
No nights out just monday to Friday for me

£12.33 per hour.

£12.67 an hour for 50 hour contracted week. Anything over that 50 was time and half. Still got full pay even if less hours than contracted too was done but overtime was used to top up your 50hrs should you of done less. O/T on Saturdays was paid separately so didnt matter if you only done 40hrs during the week, with no O/T, the Saturday O/T was still paid separately. Average of 5 drops a day, collection’s done whilst doing your delivery (if customer had any empties to return). Start when you wanted, finish once you’ve loaded for the next day. And that was just class 2. On class one now, more money, new truck, easier work and less drops…

tennantjon:
£12.67 an hour for 50 hour contracted week. Anything over that 50 was time and half. Still got full pay even if less hours than contracted too was done but overtime was used to top up your 50hrs should you of done less. O/T on Saturdays was paid separately so didnt matter if you only done 40hrs during the week, with no O/T, the Saturday O/T was still paid separately. Average of 5 drops a day, collection’s done whilst doing your delivery (if customer had any empties to return). Start when you wanted, finish once you’ve loaded for the next day. And that was just class 2. On class one now, more money, new truck, easier work and less drops…

Sounds good to me

£7:00 days
£9:50 after 8 hours
£7:93 nights, same o/t rate as days
£9:50 Saturdays.
£12:60 Sundays

I am told the rates went up last week “between 60 and 80p an hour.” But I haven’t sern my payslip yet.

This is agency, btw.
[EDIT] I went and registered with another agency today, and the rates are variable (£7:50 to £10:50+), it depends on the customer’s contract with the agency (higher rates tend to be flat, no OT). But when OT is paid, it is time and a half, which is an improvement.