What's with the two Asda's?

Went out in the works van today (LWB refrigerated Sprinter) from Warrington to Goole, to Blackpool and back to Warrington. Shortly after leaving Goole on the M62 I spot a huge Asda RDC on the left. I take note and carry on. Shortly after I see another big Asda on the right. What’s all that about then? The RDC looked pretty big so thought it strange they should need another! Also it was heaven for Stobart spotters with the Tesco RDC.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself today, beats being in the warehouse :grimacing:

Tarrman:
Went out in the works van today (LWB refrigerated Sprinter) from Warrington to Goole, to Blackpool and back to Warrington. Shortly after leaving Goole on the M62 I spot a huge Asda RDC on the left. I take note and carry on. Shortly after I see another big Asda on the right. What’s all that about then? The RDC looked pretty big so thought it strange they should need another! Also it was heaven for Stobart spotters with the Tesco RDC.

Was that at Wakefield J31 area?
If so (going westbound) the one on the left before the junction is the (ADC) ambient depot, and the 2 on the right are the (CDC) chill & (RRU) recycling unit

Better them than 2 tescos…

Tarrman:

try going to magna park, half of that is asda units

peirre:

Tarrman:

Was that at Wakefield J31 area?
If so (going westbound) the one on the left before the junction is the (ADC) ambient depot, and the 2 on the right are the (CDC) chill & recycling unit

Yeah that’s the one. You’d of thought they’d of built them in one place, must be a pain working between the 2 depots :confused:

Magma park has asda IDC CDC ADC (originally SMG) and no doubt a RRU

Does it have ABC and ACDC? :smiley:

Tarrman:

Give them time, and no doubt they will … Eventually

Magna Park’s developers are the Gazeley Group who, up until 2008, were part of WalMart, that’s why so much of it is taken up by Asda.

Magna Park was a joint venture with
the Church Commissioners
Asda used to have the now Culina building
which the one on its own by the A5 / A427

i havnt spotted a seperate RSU

Pimpdaddy:
Better them than 2 tescos…

WHY?? What’s wrong with Tesco?

Tesco resembles pure turd to me, why would anyone want to see that in multiple numbers…!?

Pimpdaddy:
Tesco resembles pure turd to me,

■■ baffled as to why :unamused:

There is an RRU on magna park, go over the roundabout where you would turn right for the chill and its on the left hand side IIRC.

peirre:

Tarrman:

Give them time, and no doubt they will … Eventually

Do they still have shed f?

If so (going westbound) the one on the left before the junction is the (ADC) ambient depot, and the 2 on the right are the (CDC) chill & recycling unit
[/quote]
Yeah that’s the one. You’d of thought they’d of built them in one place, must be a pain working between the 2 depots

No when I worked there it was great guaranteed you at least a further 45 minutes wages for doing nothing other than driving to cdc from adc and sorting out your work over there!

The ambient RDC has been there for years … where-as the other two are much newer … no room to expand at the origional site.
I can see a time when that may close and move over to near chill … if they could get planning permission :question:

You missed the new ASDA RDC at j21 then ?

Kerbdog:
You missed the new ASDA RDC at j21 then ?

Must of :confused:

hitch:
Magna Park was a joint venture with
the Church Commissioners
Asda used to have the now Culina building
which the one on its own by the A5 / A427

i havnt spotted a seperate RSU

Next door to the RSJ and opposite the USB if I remember