whats this?

what exactly is this motor gents? i think it might be a diamond t from the look of the badge it is like a t. there no desrription on the site, but anyway what a cracking old yank eh? they knew how to make a truck look good years ago didnt they, compared with the bland modern look. although the modern ones are marvellous for comfort!

theres more here hanks pictures paul knowles collection it’s a nice little collection!

yes mate its a diamond t and a very tidy one :laughing:

thought so M8! and it is a perler aint it!

carl, byt he way, that krupp cabbed atki you wanted me to load up for you can ya get it to me :question:

Mal you are not going to believe what I have just found.

Only an A3 photocopy of the Pat Kennett road test of the 6x4 Krupp-cabbed Atki from Motor Transport, dated April 14, 1969.

I also have a copy of an article from the Automobile Engineer (April 1969) entitled Atkinsons for Europe, which became an Atkinson Vehicles Ltd publication in it’s own right. I’ve even found a copy of it in Dutch.

If I remember rightly, I bought an A4 self-sealing plastic envelope on a stall for £2 a couple of years ago at a rally and this little lot was inside.

any chance of a photocopy or a jpeg of that marky?! :smiley:

Working on scanning it right now Mal.

I have also uncovered an article written by a chap called Michael Jeffery, who designed the Nightingale sleeper cab for Atkinsons.

He travelled in the first one fitted to a Mk II (a Lowes of Paddock Wood 6x2 Leader) from their base in Kent to Rome. There are also pictures of the wagon which don’t come out too bad considering it’s a basic photocopy.

excellent stuff! :smiley: i cant think what the nightingale cab is like, ive just had a quick look in the 3 books ive got that have atki pics in them, and there aint one!

Those sound great…I’d certainly like to see those too.

I’ve seen a picture of the Krupp - Atki in a book I’ve got somewhere.

yeah me too andy, ive got that 6 legger in the pat kennet sedd ack book, and there a tiny pic of an artic in the peter davies world encyclopedia of trucks. thats a good book by the way if you ainr seen it, and quite cheap on ebay a lot of the time!

here’s another original phot of that T from the same website

click here

url code tweaked so it doesn’t make the whole thread so wide - repton

I’ve got Peter Davies book as one half of a book about Trucks and Farm Tractors, it’s the same book though cos I’ve looked at another version that was £2.99 in a discount bookshop called The Works in Norwich, I think they have other branches though if anybody is looking for a copy. I think I paid a tenner from a garden centre of all places!

I’d love to get hold of a few of the Pat Kennett World Trucks series, but they go for silly money on ebay. :frowning:

Andy - they go for buttons on abebooks.com.

The Seddon-Atkinson book is one of the more common ones in the range - the Volvo one however regularly goes for £20+

You shouldn’t be paying more than the original list price for the Seddon-Atkinson, ERF or Leyland books (£7.95)

Cool…I’ll have a look what I can get hold of after payday. :slight_smile:

marky:
Working on scanning it right now Mal.

I have also uncovered an article written by a chap called Michael Jeffery, who designed the Nightingale sleeper cab for Atkinsons.

He travelled in the first one fitted to a Mk II (a Lowes of Paddock Wood 6x2 Leader) from their base in Kent to Rome. There are also pictures of the wagon which don’t come out too bad considering it’s a basic photocopy.

Yep, and I’ve ridden in that wagon when it later belonged to an owner driver! It was white by then, and the day it was parked to next to a (white) JRN, I didn’t have my camera :frowning:

AND I’ve lost the photos of YKE too

marky:

Only an A3 photocopy of the Pat Kennett road test of the 6x4 Krupp-cabbed Atki from Motor Transport, dated April 14, 1969.

I also have a copy of an article from the Automobile Engineer (April 1969) entitled Atkinsons for Europe, which became an Atkinson Vehicles Ltd publication in it’s own right. I’ve even found a copy of it in Dutch.

If I remember rightly, I bought an A4 self-sealing plastic envelope on a stall for £2 a couple of years ago at a rally and this little lot was inside.

I’ve never even seen that road test! I’ve a copy of the Atkinson house magazine with the article about the Euro Atki - bi-lingual in French and Flemish, but no English!

Mal:
excellent stuff! :smiley: i cant think what the nightingale cab is like, ive just had a quick look in the 3 books ive got that have atki pics in them, and there aint one!

Here you are Mal, this is a Nightingale:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ght#109875

Have you noticed that you started a thread about some American machine, and yet we’ve ended up on Atkis again?? If all the Atki chat was in the Atki thread, it would be 25 pages long!

Mal:
what exactly is this motor gents? i think it might be a diamond t

Yes, Mal, or maybe a Diamond Reo perhaps?
And what about the 50s(?) Pete cabover alongside? Compare with the similar
KW 6-wheeler and drag in another photo on that site.

240:
Here you are Mal, this is a Nightingale

Thanks mate, saved me the trouble :wink:

Marky:
Only an A3 photocopy of the Pat Kennett road test of the 6x4 Krupp-cabbed Atki

Come on then, waiting with bated breath, I know I saw this once :unamused: :wink:

Have you noticed that you started a thread about some American
machine, and yet we’ve ended up on Atkis again??

Yes, I was wondering if it should be split into it’s natural home, then realised
that I had cocked it up by talking about DTs, DRs, Petes, and KWs
again :blush: :open_mouth:

Can I make plea for all to make life easier for all of us when there are photos
in a thread and hit the return button at the end of each line in the ‘reply’ panel?
Proper place for this comment is in the Feedback Forum, where it will be
soon :wink:

Salut, David.

Be patient dear brethren - the Krupp info will be coming soon…

I have also uncovered a photocopy of a six-page spec. list for the CLT.3846RR
tractor, which I am endeavouring to clean up a bit.

For any Australian Atki freaks out there (sit still at the back, 240…) I have also
found a 32-page story by a chap called J P Smith who worked as an commercial
vehicle engineer for 49 years - firstly from leaving school in Tasmania and
working on Vulcans through Thorneycrofts and culminating in Atkinsons in &
around Melbourne. All unformatted text in courier font - no pictures and each
pages carries the Atkinson logo inthe top-left corner.

I think it would need a determined mind to recreate such a tome in electronic
format, so I will leave that one for a while.

240 Gardner:

Mal:

Here you are Mal, this is a Nightingale:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ght#109875

Have you noticed that you started a thread about some American machine, and yet we’ve ended up on Atkis again??
If all the Atki chat was in the Atki thread,
it would be 25 pages long!

:laughing: i noticed, i dont mind either!
and thanks for the nightingale,
it looks better than a lot of the coffins ive seen!

cheers jj, its definately a t!

by the way, can you fix my thread please?
your link to hanks is spreading tha page, i cant fix it, only you or dave can.

heres how ,
turn the brackets round from the starat & finish on the bb-code below
this will make the bbcode work, and i did it so you can see the code
then from the = sign delete the url, and paste your link from hanks into the gap
delete the “visit php BB” and relplace with any text
jobs a good un!

]url=http://www.phpbb.com/]Visit phpBB![/url[