Whats the quickest

whats the quickest tip you’ve had, I don’t mean to just lifting a box off and talking of full loads not one pallet, mine was the other day, 10 mins to empty a container, didn’t even get 15 min break in :laughing: , also whats the longest you’ve had to wait to get tipped? 5 hours for me (but then again a flip flop driver had been at same place 3 days waiting to get tipped)

I have often been unloaded before I have had time to roll up my sheets. Longest wait: 10 days.

Delivery for Swift, Aylesford many moons ago.

Drove a curtainsider rigid upto the inbound security gate at a drop, only to find the guards opening the back door, and taking off the single small pallet I was carrying with re-fills for the gatehouse vending machine strapped to it. It was only the size of a suitcase, and these two guys lifted it out manually, and took it into their gatehouse. I then got my paperwork signed by the security people at the gatehouse itself, and was turned around straight out the other side of the hut back onto the main road.

Estimate 2 minutes for the whole thing. :slight_smile:

Longest tip? - only a mere 3.5 hours at Nobbies/Tesco at Didcot.

Sugar beet. From weighbridge in to weighbridge out 29ton 7 minutes

ChrisArbon:
Longest wait: 10 days.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Half hour to tip 500 rolls of heavy rubber underlay handball at some place in stoke , longest wait was 2 days at tescos westbury :open_mouth:

Quickest load was when on tankers; 29 tonne of caustic at Rocksavage was about 8 or 9 mins iirc.

I’m always pleasantly surprised if I go to 3663 at Salford if it’s a Saturday and Man U are playing at home, what normally never takes less than two hours can then be done in under 20 minutes!

Co-op Avonmouth can be very good a couple of times iv’e gone in there with 26 pallets of chilled and struggled to get a 15 min break in before the green light appeared.

Had a full load tipped in about 3 mins on a good day - that’s when you back on a bay & 2 guys on ELPT’s roar in & out without a problem,

More often than not, there are a few pallets that have fallen over, a bit of handball & the odd cage tangled up with another, then it can take forever - specially when they hit the shutter & derail it & have to get a fitter out.

3mins 47sec 42cages@ Tesco Newtownbreda store.
Me undoing the straps and two “back door” store fellas wailing them off the trailer on dock.

in the good old days :smiley:

arrived at a drop, 7 ton of box section steel

guy comes out - sorry drive, crane is broken, we will have to handball it off, my heart sank…

then he says to bar it all off the side over there - GOAL!!!

5 minutes in and out

Mines was Asda Grangemouth just before Christmas, opened driver side curtain and then went round to the other side to open the curtain , by the time I’d opened that one half the load was off the drivers side , hadn’t even been in with the paper work , although the nice bod in the office still kept me waiting , load off quickly but usual wait for paper work to be sorted .

Not me but the quickest tip I’ve ever seen was a wagon going over on its side at the roundabout southbound m74 for cairn lodge services.
An entire trailer load of barley tipped in a mere 3 seconds. :smiley:

The-Snowman:
Not me but the quickest tip I’ve ever seen was a wagon going over on its side at the roundabout southbound m74 for cairn lodge services.
An entire trailer load of barley tipped in a mere 3 seconds. :smiley:

That just reminded me of an old mate of mine (sadly died in an industrial accident last year) who did the same thing years ago, tipped his bulker near Norwich & shot peas all over the road

midlifetrucker:

I never knew how good tipper work was until I got my current job. Seems such hard work now when I do the odd day on a curtainsider. Not been near a tail lift in a while either ha.

Where I used to work, turn up in the morning with inter warehouse stock with 26 pallets and its a 4 hour tip alone,
Do the same stock at 4.45pm and your tipped in 10 minutes as they go home at 5, amazing :wink:

Coop Birtley with a full decker tipped in 15 mins including handing in keys and collecting keys. Mind you I was late in. Few days later same senario and 3 hours but I wasn’t late! And I work for coop.

midlifetrucker:

That’s some good going! I have been in and out of Bury in 9 minutes one Sunday. :smiley:

when i used to run on tilts with DFDS immingham i had a delivery with 4 large rolls of paper near huddersfield, reversed on the unloading bay took straps off, jacked the rear of the unit up and the the guys just knocked the chocks out and gravity did the rest!!..the wall opposite was very strong lol

Half past eight on New Years Eve, double decker filled with pallets of paint. Usually takes an hour to tip, not that night. TWO forklifts appear and unload in ten minutes!
“Same again next week lads?” Is apparently not an appropriate comment!