What's the over weight %

How much can you be over without the driver/drivers

Overweight vehicles are weighed as presented on the road, which includes driver, passengers, fuel, load.

DVSA Guidance is up to 5% Advice/warning.
5-10% £100 + prohibition
10-15% £200 + prohibition
15-30% £300 + prohibition
30% + - Court + prohibition

The 5% is allow for the likes of an open load of say sand, weighed correct in dry conditions, but gets wet due to rain and retains some of the water.

Depends on how DVSA feel.
Gross weight is just that. Load, vehicle, fuel, lunch box and driver / s

Traffic Rat:
Overweight vehicles are weighed as presented on the road, which includes driver, passengers, fuel, load.

5-10% £100 + prohibition

The 5% is allow for the likes of an open load of say sand, weighed correct in dry conditions, but gets wet due to rain and retains some of the water.

So if I sent a 3.5 van weight was 3.4 ton and load with driver was 3520kg can you get done if caught?

gampla:

Traffic Rat:

5-10% £100 + prohibition

So if I sent a 3.5 van weight was 3.4 ton and load with driver was 3520kg can you get done if caught?

No as its well below the 5% threshold. 20kg over is less than 1%

If your vehicle is fitted with a on-board weigher there are no allowances in the eyes of the law as you have no reason to be

Don’t forget it’s axle as well as gross weights. I’ve not seen anything that says there’s no tolerance if you’ve got an onboard weigher, have you got a link for it?