Whats the new law?

the tm put a memo in my notes today about a drivers meeting planned for next monday apparantly he has to breif us about a new law concerning us which we must abide by. but when i jokingly asked him what it was about. he replied no i couldn’t possibly tell you because you might tell another driver and that would make a mockery of the meeting. so i said ok. thinking. " actually mate i could’t give a ■■■■ and i can wait until monday for you to tell me what god said to you in a dream. but just incase I wondered if any of you had knew of a new law concerning hgv drivers and if you have had a similar briefing. or maybe yours is on monday too? at the grand new law un veiling? :smiley:

yes ive heard its " sods law " does,nt matter what you do, it will be wrong . :slight_smile:

There is a new national minumum weekly wage for HGV drivers. It’s set at £500 clear and also the WTD has been changed. The max hours you can work is 35 with a 4 weekly reference period.

im assuming that this big event won’t really make much difference afterall. but the look on the guy’s face when he asked me if i got the memo was like he was about to tell me breaking news that the titanic had just sunk. so i was wondering if either you guys or sky news could give me the big up date before monday :smiley:

It might be a new company law?

What could it be? I’ll start it off with, you come in on monday to find “NO EATING IN CAB” stickers :laughing:

I usually find out about a new law on here or when the infringements come in and Ive got literally hundreds :laughing: Our TM knows ■■■■ all about transport never mind new legislation :unamused:

i heard they’ve made it a crime to murder prostitutes!!!

Mr B:
i heard they’ve made it a crime to murder prostitutes!!!

Oh! No :smiling_imp:

Steve-o:
There is a new national minumum weekly wage for HGV drivers. It’s set at £500 clear and also the WTD has been changed. The max hours you can work is 35 with a 4 weekly reference period.

Knowing this lot and their general attitude towards the transport industry the national min wage will no longer apply to drivers and the wtd will no longer apply either, all rights of appeals against being sacked for breaking tacho rules will be abolished also. 120 hours a week @ £3.50 per hour - bargain :wink: