What's the most valuable cargo (money wise) you've hauled?

Years ago, I drove for Brinks-Mat out of the famous Heathrow site. The most expensive load I carried was £250 million worth of gold.
Can anyone beat that?

Once drove a tilt trailer filled with computer hard drives from IBM. Given that a 3.5" hard drive was £500 at the time there must have been a fair few quid in an artic trailer full of them.

Casper68:
Years ago, I drove for Brinks-Mat out of the famous Heathrow site. The most expensive load I carried was £250 million worth of gold.
Can anyone beat that?

Was that a one day job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i used to do a regular delivery to the shipyard at scotstoun in glasgae with all
the computer-me-jigs for the destroyers, one crate in particular was worth well over
a million.

i also refused to collect a load from a sotheby’s warehouse in west london for 2
18th century chinese wardrobes, i wasn’t told what i was collecting on the way
there, and only found out then that they weren’t crated, and all i had was dirty old ratchet straps in the back of my curtainsider!

i looked these things up, and they’d sold for over £360k.

I remember in the 60`s me and two other drivers were sent to sheerness to pick up currency being returned from abroad…we were told that we would be followed to the mint, and to stop for no one…but no other details were given…one of the drivers phoned 999 en route to tell them some dodgy characters were following us, and we had valuable loads on…ha ha think they were stopped…but we never knew how much our loads were worth though.

Airbus A380 engine from Derby to Toulouse and about 10 million a time and while I had some 3.5 ton vans on for ICI Computer Systems they had the GiT for 1.5 milll or so I was told, I only had the basic 10 grand per ton.

I’m paid to ferry it around from place to place. I couldn’t care less what I’ve got on board or how much it’s worth unless it’s something nasty like nuclear waste or such like. Lol

Mine was when we did the transport for Imperial Tobacco
£75,000 per pallet 26 pallets per load sometimes the loads were double stacked

In about 1996 I took Henry VIII’s suit of armour, Britain’s oldest firearm and numerous other items from the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds to the Kremlin in Moscow for an exhibition, and although it was all actually priceless, for customs purposes the value of that was £250 million. I’ve also taken several loads of Oxycontin to Sweden which were valued at over £100 million.

Casper68:
Can anyone beat that?

No you didn’t. You are lying & making this up. For reasons that I know not why.

Ask me how I know this to be true.

Dork Lard:

Casper68:
Can anyone beat that?

No you didn’t. You are lying & making this up. For reasons that I know not why.

Ask me how I know this to be true.

How do you know this to be true?

blue estate:

Casper68:
Can anyone beat that?

Was that a one day job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, not our normal thing.the gold came from Russia and was part of their gold reserves. We had three trucks each carrying £250 million with three crew members on board (crew leader, driver and guard). Each truck had an armed police ■■■■■■ and it was taken to the Bank of England. This happened in the early 90s.

We regularly back load glider engines, and we’ve even done rocking horse ■■■.
Both loads are un-insurable on g.i.t, as there value we don’t know.

biggriffin:
We regularly back load glider engines, and we’ve even done rocking horse ■■■.
Both loads are un-insurable on g.i.t, as there value we don’t know.

youtube.com/watch?v=zJV4vcuKww4

!!! :smiley:

Ferdy from TopRun used to take full loads of gold around Europe in a tautliner.

Pharmaceuticals for me, some are worth utterly mind-boggling amounts and are only loads I’ve done where you have to run with a security man in car behind. Also used to do cigarettes out of Nottingham

About 25 school kids, Maidstone Carnival 1994, my second job on Croomes, more valuable than any amount of gold I would think. I know not really what the op was asking but still…

short walk:
About 25 school kids, Maidstone Carnival 1994, my second job on Croomes, more valuable than any amount of gold I would think. I know not really what the op was asking but still…

25 kids is more like a money swallowing kind of a load surely?

:smiley:

Drugs…

Or rather pharmacueticals from Madrid to Rome.

One Euro pallet with 10 little boxes of what ever it was, inside a tri-axle fridge trailer.

Working for Fed Ex in the early 70’s my job was with Matchbox toys and after Christmas when work dropped off we would run other contracts. I picked up a load of Georgio Armani perfume for Sealink Ferries duty free supplies in Southampton, I was given a preset route which was way off the route I would normally have taken from Crick to Southampton, which would be down the A43 and the A34, I was instead instructed to go down the M1 and M3 by the company and not deviate from the route. At the first service area on the M3 I had a blow out, I called Fed ex and within half an hour my truck was surrounded by police who guarded the vehicle as the guy changed the tyre. The attending cop told me 'You have no idea how much that load is worth do you ?"
It’s true, I didn’t.