Whats the max fuel can carry?

simple answer

whats the max fuel you can carry on board these days i no a long time ago was something like 1000litres before had to have orange stickers on etc .

just looking at a unit at present that has huge tanks and wondering if would be hassle

thanks

I believe it is 1500 litres in normal running tanks which feed the engine, but I’m sure Diesel Dave will be able to clarify this.

From my CPC days, 1500 litres it is with no belly tanks allowed.

Ken.

thought as much .

any simple way around it as found the ideal unit for work but it has 2400litres of fuel tanks on .

is this just a uk think or rest of europe , example could i run out the uk with less than 1500litres but fill up over there to max just providing come back into uk with less tht 1500litres

many thanks

with tanks that size you could take a break on the pumps :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

running for the tin hat :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I can just about carry 2 x25 litre drums.

I"ll get my coat.

The limit is set by the EU and is 1500LITERS
in Two tanks, One (1) of 950liters,and the 2nd haveing
650liters, If the Tank is 1000liters or more you may find problems
---------DO not for get if you go to a non EU country the 400liter
limit is still inforce at the EU borders and if stopped and checked
it will cost in fines and tax,when you re enter the EU;

rocky 7:
I can just about carry 2 x25 litre drums

bet you could carry more if it was white and not cherry :laughing:

2400 litres, are you sure, and if so what on, it must be a rigid?

man tga xxl

other side is exactly same

I s’pose the only reason you can’t have belly tanks like we can here in Oz, is cos the bloody government might miss out on a bit of revenue. Is that right ?

psv8:
man tga xxl

A ■■■■■■ dream. :slight_smile:

Sugar Ray:

psv8:
man tga xxl

YOU BEAT ME TO IT, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

YOU BEAT ME TO IT, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wrong — Alister Darlings dream :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quote from Blackadder series " Last time I called someone darling she was pregnant 20 seconds later"

Where have you put exhaust box, batteries and air tanks?

I believe the tanks have to be original fitment or have a certificate for European use.

2400 litres will weigh between 2200kg and 2350kg, a lot of extra weight especially on a 4 wheeler axle :open_mouth:

Not the best of pics but in my old job we used to run 2 of these:

Highline cabbed 580’s on a T-Cab or Longline frame, held 2500litres.

Hi scottishcruiser were you in js elstree this morning? One of yours leaving when i arrived to finish my shift

Nope not me buddy. I loaded Newark there at 3am.

scottishcruiser:
Nope not me buddy. I loaded Newark there at 3am.

Lad had a few scottish signs in the window and had cropped gingerish hair i think.Maybe forty or so. Anyway it was dark and i just caught a glance on the way past :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:
I believe it is 1500 litres in normal running tanks which feed the engine, but I’m sure Diesel Dave will be able to clarify this.

I can clarify this… :smiley:

What follows is ADR’s view of the matter of fuel carried for the propulsion of the vehicle and the operation of any of its equipment, but please note the part that I’ve made red…

ADR 2009 1.1.3.3(a)
The provisions laid down in ADR do not apply to the carriage of:
(a) Fuel contained in the tanks of a vehicle performing a transport operation and destined
for its propulsion or for the operation of any of its equipment.
The fuel may be carried in fixed fuel tanks, directly connected to the vehicle’s engine
and/or auxiliary equipment, which comply with the pertinent legal provisions, or may
be carried in portable fuel containers (such as jerricans).

The total capacity of the fixed tanks shall not exceed 1500 litres per transport unit and
the capacity of a tank fitted to a trailer shall not exceed 500 litres. A maximum of 60
litres per transport unit may be carried in portable fuel containers. These restrictions
shall not apply to vehicles operated by the emergency services;

I’ve confined my answer to what ADR allows, but my answer has to be qualified by the part that I’ve made red.

So what does this mean for the OP??

• Fuel tanks not exceeding 1,500 litres may be fitted to a vehicle;
  • A trailer is allowed to have a fuel tank not exceeding 500 litres;
  • You may carry 60 litres of fuel in portable fuel containers.
  • :open_mouth: If you breach any of the above, then you might be prosecuted for a dangerous goods offence at the discretion of whichever enforcement agency is involved.

Then we come to the part that I’ve made red, which means that there may well be other applicable law on the subject. Eg. EU law, Construction & Use, and last but not least, HM Customs.

For those who remember from their ADR course that ADR is for international transport, the UK is now very closely aligned with ADR, so the above quote from ADR has force of law in the UK (for UK domestic transport) by virtue of CDG 2009 Reg. 5:

CDG 2009 Reg.5
No person is to carry dangerous goods, or cause or permit dangerous goods to be carried, where that carriage is prohibited by ADR or RID, including where that carriage does not comply with any applicable requirement of ADR or RID.

In this quote “RID” means the carriage of dangerous goods by rail, so the word “RID” can be disregarded for the purpose of this topic as it is irrelevant. (That simply means that the dangerous goods by road Regs are very similar to the dangerous goods by rail Regs.)

I hope this clarifies the situation for the OP and allows him to decide what he’ll do. :smiley: