What's the longest you've waited to be tipped?

From pulling in your drop at the agreed time, what’s the longest you’ve waited to be tipped ?

I’ve been sat on site here for 24 hours exactly and only now are they attempting to unload me. Could still be here a further 9 hours yet.

Make sure the chalk is pink any other colour will not suffice.

I wish I were a tale to be honest.

The talehandler got a puncture as he was about to tip yesterday and it’s only been sorted out half an hour ago.

Had to drop the trailer and park off site

Booked in at 15:30 on a Thursday, arrived 30 minutes early and got tipped 08:00 Monday. The Friday was a bank holiday and they decided to have an early finish at 16:00 so refused to unload me. A long weekend spent in Barcelona was most enjoyable.

6 weeks … :open_mouth:

You do realise that this thread could become the TruckNet equivalent of Monty Python’s Yorkshire men sketch don’t you?

bald bloke:

What’s the pink chalk thing all about?

vikingpete:

bald bloke:

Frequently repeated tale about a driver running out of duty time while on a bay, police being called who then used chalk to draw a box around his truck, making the requirement that no-one is to enter said box (and thus interrupt the driver’s Rest period) until he has had the legally required Rest.

It’s all total sphericals, of course.

raymundo:

:smiley: 3 weeks 2 days,first letter B,last letter D,loads of sand there and it was 30 +

Roymondo:

vikingpete:

bald bloke:

Frequently repeated tale about a driver running out of duty time while on a bay, police being called who then used chalk to draw a box around his truck, making the requirement that no-one is to enter said box (and thus interrupt the driver’s Rest period) until he has had the legally required Rest.

It’s all total sphericals, of course.

And closing down the 2 bays either side of said driver and also offering unlimited canteen vouchers . :wink:

was doing a job in norwich for the new shopping centre in town.turned up monday morning full oad of steel shouted round back u know the spot.ok i said made my way round back drove in the had to back up down a alleyway done it most weeks got it in postion jumped out.started to undo chain and was told forget it winded off till further notice go down cattle market.soi said no chance nothing down there ill pull up in holding lane on main drag.lads sai u can stop here we go other come in and out all day.i told them move them cones there where i pull in and ill back up there and u can cone it off and others can still get in.ok thats fine how long u here for they said u tell me.finally got away wednesday teatime made up my hours i owed plus the contractors payed for tea and beer every night i was there in pub on corner and i got a good rate for doing nothing as boss sorted it asap when i siad ibe leave if i did not get a deal out of it.

A week, in years past, at 104 berth Southampton

Six weeks!
The Kosovo war.
In 1999 whilst on for G&S 3 of us collected 3 hired flat beds from T.I.P. Bellshill and went to the nuclear sub base at Faslane and loaded 3 containers with ships stores and set off to meet HMS Splendid in Gibralta.
South of Madrid we were told to turn round and head for Toulon and park up at the services, after sitting there for 11 days we then moved down to Siracusa in Sicily and drop the trailers in the NATO base and find a hotel, after spending 8 days in a holiday camp in Brucoli bay we went back to the NATO base, submarine was there, crane was there we tipped… and back empty!

I once did 3 days at Fords at Dagenham. I thought that would be one of the worst… but WEEKS?? :open_mouth:

Chris62:

raymundo:

:smiley: 3 weeks 2 days,first letter B,last letter D,loads of sand there and it was 30 +

Ditto!

A couple of years ago we had a contract delivering goods from Brum to Amazon at Swansea.
As usual, you are given a delivery time which was no problem to make,but once booked in you could wait for hours.
This was always a Saturday morning delivery, and of the 3 or 4 of us that turned up, I was always the last.
The run down from Stoke,collect a loaded trailer from Brum and get down to Swansea is 3 and a bit hours, it does not warrant a night out and this was not part of the job.
When I was down to 3 hours left from 15, my boss told me to bring the load back to Stoke.
This happened, with the same load, for THREE WEEKS!
The third time I brought it back the load was returned to the originator for someone else to attempt a delivery.
Pity,I was enjoying getting 15 hours in every Saturday! (I only work two shifts a week).

I worked out based at home, up North for a Colchester firm, as the only Northern driver between 97 and 07.
I was offered a job with TSA St Omer France in 05,.again out based.
I told my firm that I would be leaving, and they offered me a pay raise to stay :open_mouth: .
I ended up being the best paid driver there. :smiley: :sunglasses: (but kept quiet about it :bulb: )

I did not regret staying there as I was well looked after until they ceased trading.
Tbh I don’t really know why I even thought about leaving there, and was glad that I didn’t.
I would still have been there today if they were still there.

AND …I’ve posted this on the wrong thread…what a knob. :blush: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Two examples come to mind. Kraft foods in Montreal Canada, arrived on a Tuesday morning and they had no room, as it was in another country I could not bring the load back through customs, I got unloaded on Friday morning, I was well rewarded not just by my company who paid me $1700 for detention but Kraft also allowed me to drop the tanker in one of their buildings and hook it up to in line heat to stop the coconut oil setting to butter but they gave me $40.00 to take to the nearest truck stop and eat etc.
Second was Kraft again but in Toronto Canada, I had a Friday morning appointment and arrived on Thursday evening to allow me to unload and get home by Friday night, as before they had no room, my company told me to drop the trailer and bobtail home but as I pointed out that meant me going through customs again but with no load and also the load would set because it needed to be hooked to the truck which now had in transit heat, by Saturday afternoon they said it would now be Monday before they had room, my missus was quite angry because our daughter has Aspergers syndrome and could not function on Saturdays if I am not there, it’s something she must have and so my wife got in the car with daughter and passports and drove for 8 hours to spend the weekend in Toronto at a hotel with me. Kraft found me the hotel which was 25 miles from the factory, they drove me there which was good of them and my company paid the hotel bill. I got call from the factory manager on Sunday morning to say they had miscalculated and could now unload my trailer. My wife drove me there and then I took the empty truck to the hotel, we spent the afternoon in the city and even went up the CN tower all paid for by the company. I got back on the Monday afternoon.

Usualy like a tip within 10 mins or so x

robroy:
I worked out based at home, up North for a Colchester firm, as the only Northern driver between 97 and 07.
I was offered a job with TSA St Omer France in 05,.again out based.
I told my firm that I would be leaving, and they offered me a pay raise to stay :open_mouth: .
I ended up being the best paid driver there. :smiley: :sunglasses: (but kept quiet about it :bulb: )

I did not regret staying there as I was well looked after until they ceased trading.
Tbh I don’t really know why I even thought about leaving there, and was glad that I didn’t.
I would still have been there today if they were still there.

AND …I’ve posted this on the wrong thread…what a knob. :blush: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Senior moment?