Whats the hours here

can anyone work out the average hours per day to earn the example at the bottom (loyalty bonus is 2k) even done at 11 hours aday i came up with 50k+ so i guess i am doing somthing wrong

Rates.
Standard Rate Up to 11 hours £10.50ph
Overtime Rate (OT1) After 11 hours £12.32ph
Weekend Rate (OT2) From midnight on Friday - 4am Monday £16.00ph
Bank Holiday Rate £115.50

• any hours worked at OT2 rate

Allowances & Additional.
Nights Out Per night, Tax Free £26.00
Meal Allowance Per Shift, Tax Free £10.00
Cab Hopper Bonus Per week, pro-rata
Days £100.00
Tramping £150.00

Driver Medical
Up to £60 - Proof required
£60.00

Example Tramping Wage
Equivalents based on: Average hours and every other Saturday. Including nights out money, meal allowance and Loyalty Bonus.

Salary: £47,577.60

Hourly: £14.07

Cab hopping tramping ZB that ! :imp:
Basic and OT are crap then they try to make up for with smoke and mirrors bonuses

If you take trampling part at bottom 47k a year divided by £14.07 divided by 52 equals 65 hours a week
If the take into account bonus cab hopping etc hours would be less.
Either way reading the add working every other Saturday.
I read it as Meaning Mon to Fri then Monday to Saturday.
Forget that

What third-world country are THESE wages for?

Is that what appears in these EE adverts actually posted in Romania, Moldova, and other places?

…where it isn’t the wage you’re after, it is the indefinite leave to remain…

I reckon the DVLA backlog is designed to keep as many home-grown brits out of the market until these “press ganged” foreigners can be brought over here, duly employed on rates similar to the OP here, and firmly entrenched, thus eliminating the “shortage” with new over-supply of fresh foreign drivers…

cooper1203:
can anyone work out the average hours per day to earn the example at the bottom (loyalty bonus is 2k) even done at 11 hours aday i came up with 50k+ so i guess i am doing somthing wrong

Rates.
Standard Rate Up to 11 hours £10.50ph
Overtime Rate (OT1) After 11 hours £12.32ph
Weekend Rate (OT2) From midnight on Friday - 4am Monday £16.00ph
Bank Holiday Rate £115.50

• any hours worked at OT2 rate

Allowances & Additional.
Nights Out Per night, Tax Free £26.00
Meal Allowance Per Shift, Tax Free £10.00
Cab Hopper Bonus Per week, pro-rata
Days £100.00
Tramping £150.00

Driver Medical
Up to £60 - Proof required
£60.00

Example Tramping Wage
Equivalents based on: Average hours and every other Saturday. Including nights out money, meal allowance and Loyalty Bonus.

Salary: £47,577.60

Hourly: £14.07

Goldstar transport? I was always wondering if they could pay any less :wink:

Overtime AFTER 11 hours!!! That alone speaks volumes about the contempt that they hold the drivers in! Are anybody in this company in management positions expected to work such ridiculous hours? I very much doubt it.

Reading the posting alone without working the figures out tells me stay well clear, its intended for newbies and EE drivers

the maoster:
Overtime AFTER 11 hours!!! That alone speaks volumes about the contempt that they hold the drivers in! Are anybody in this company in management positions expected to work such ridiculous hours? I very much doubt it.

well if you work it all out for 11 hours per day (no overtime) it comes out over 50k if i did the maths correctly so the hours must be less.

i havent done container work before do you have to sit there and wait for it to be emptied or do you drop the trailer and pick up an empty?

cooper1203:

the maoster:

well if you work it all out for 11 hours per day (no overtime) it comes out over 50k if i did the maths correctly so the hours must be less.

i havent done container work before do you have to sit there and wait for it to be emptied or do you drop the trailer and pick up an empty?

Both. Some sites can be swap and drop if the firm is in there regular. Some can be live unloads/loads which can take hours.

cooper1203:

the maoster:

I haven’t done the maths but I’ll say that if Goldstar are claiming that you can earn over £50k for less than 11 hours a day then they are lying. No if’s or but’s, simply lying.

I’ve not done containers either but I’ve seen lots getting tipped or loaded and they always have the driver in attendance with the box. Obviously there’ll be occasions when the box is dropped however.

the maoster:
I haven’t done the maths but I’ll say that if Goldstar are claiming that you can earn over £50k for less than 11 hours a day then they are lying. No if’s or but’s, simply lying.

i guess i worked it out wrong then as the only example they give is the one posted

are macintyres goldstar as its off the macintyre website

^^^^ All part of Turners mate.