Whats the green one for?

when i did my c1 years ago,im sure there was a red (emergecy) line that
came on if the trailer became uncoupled

yellow one service line,and was there a blue one for the parking brake?
can’t remember.

any way since then i,ve noticed a green air line being used and just wondered
if anyone could tell me what this one is for.

cheers

The air lines are red and yellow now, the blue one is now not used at all in Europe, though there are ah few trailers around with the connection for it.

Then there are the normal electrical suzies, a black one which carries all the lights n stuff and the newer secondary cable, which is often green or has green ends ( to show which one is which). The main one is all pins in the plug, the secondary one has a socket at the top in the plug and a pin in the plug to macht it. That carries the old ABS and any other things you might want hooked up to it.

The new cables have a big round plug and socket with a locking clip on them. They also have a spring loaded plunger in the socket and about 10 pins (I havn’t bothered counting them). There is a raised rib on the bottom of the plug which goes into a slot in the bottom of the socket. It is easy to not line them up properly. If its a bit stiff to push in, have another go at lining it up, don’t force it because the pins are long and light. Force it and you’ll bend the pins. Make sure that the locking clip is in place, otherwise the springloaded plunger will push it out far enough for it to fall out.

Some newer wagons have the secondary electrics and the new ABS on one new style socket on the wagon, with both leads coming out of the one plug. I have also pulled European trailers which only have the main electrics socket and a new ABS socket on them. I am asuming that soon we will do away with the green electric suzie and only have the new style ABS.

thanks for that simon.