What's the chains for on the steps

As it says in the title, see trucks with chains hanging from the cab steps. always wondered WHY?

Thanks Danny.

it’s an old way off checking overloading on the front axle

Thanks learn something new everyday.

I never knew that, just assumed it was an affectation, like hiding behind tassles and bolting a row of spotlights on the roof.

… and the other chain of thought , :unamused:
is that it allows static electricity from vehicle and cab go to ground /earth out — prevent travel sickness

Juddian:
I never knew that, just assumed it was an affectation, like hiding behind tassles and bolting a row of spotlights on the roof.

different things , different fetishes :laughing: :laughing:

trux:
is that it allows static electricity from vehicle and cab go to ground /earth out — prevent travel sickness

Anyone driving a truck who gets travel sickness maybe perhaps in the wrong job? :laughing::lol::lol:

JB:

trux:

Anyone driving a truck who gets travel sickness maybe perhaps in the wrong job? :laughing::lol::lol:

Lol yes, although i get car sick sometimes if im a passenger and the driver is abit on the rough side.

i’ve also seen chains hanging from the n/s step on camper vans to act as a kerb feeler

trux:

but most you see are plastic so no transference of static sooooooooooooo

physicsclassroom.com/class/e … /u8l2a.cfm

wiki.answers.com/Q/Rubbing_a_pla … hy_is_this

:slight_smile: just having a bit of fun :laughing:

DannyDoncaster:
As it says in the title, see trucks with chains hanging from the cab steps. always wondered WHY?

Thanks Danny.

Why the bullfighting spears in the windscreen . . . who knows?

Suedehead:

DannyDoncaster:

Thanks Danny.

they are both symbols of being gay, it differs between givers and takers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Suedehead:

DannyDoncaster:

Thanks Danny.

they are both symbols of being gay, it differs between givers and takers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

but they just dont look right on a skip wagon.

shuttlespanker:

Suedehead:

DannyDoncaster:

Thanks Danny.

I’m gonna admit iv got the bullfighting spears in the cab window on my Scania :wink: :slight_smile: ,

Legend_Scania:

shuttlespanker:

Suedehead:

DannyDoncaster:

Thanks Danny.

I’m gonna admit iv got the bullfighting spears in the cab window on my Scania :wink: :slight_smile: ,

Thumb and forefinger on the lapels,no more questions M lud . . exits stage left.

shuttlespanker:

Suedehead:

DannyDoncaster:
They are both symbols of being gay, it differs between givers and takers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But the driver might give head, then take it up the back door baby! :open_mouth: :unamused: :bulb: I’ll grab me coat! :grimacing: :grimacing:

shuttlespanker:

Suedehead:

DannyDoncaster:

Thanks Danny.

Thats Spanky talking from experience there :laughing:

DAF95XF:

shuttlespanker:

Suedehead:

DannyDoncaster:

Thanks Danny.

Thats Spanky talking from experience there :laughing:

never had either of them in or on my cab, and, i am sure that you have not held a job long enough to fit either of them too :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: