What's the big secret?

Just rang a job that’s advertised in my local,advert reads,“competitive salary + benefits”.Now from past experience I know this means absolutely zilch as their idea of “competitive” and mine are usually poles apart,so I make a point of finding out the basics i.e. rates of pay,hours worked,hols etc.,because if that isn’t up to scratch i don’t want to waste a day going for an interview.Especially as it usually means throwing a sickie at the last minute,not what I really want to do.So I ring the job up and ask the relevant questions get to the money and it’s “sorry I don’t discuss that on the phone,like to do it face to face”.Sorry that doesn’t wash with me,I know the money isn’t everything and I wouldn’t work on a job I wasn’t happy in no matter what they paid nor would I leave a job I was very happy in for a few quid extra.So come on employers,FRONT UP! We all go to work to earn a crust,so let’s not waste each others time with this approach.

me to tartan if they ain’t telling me over the phone i ain’t wasting my time by going for the interview simple as that.

had one on the phone the other week and didn’t answer anyo f my questions on the phone just told me to turn up on saturday morning,guess what didn’t get out oif bed

jon

The first thing I do when I contact any potential employer is get all the details I need, to decide if I feel they are worth my effort in going to see them.
No details, no point.
We hold HGV’s, they claim there is a shortage of us, so if they want us prove it.

Hiya kenny…sorry about your lack of interview technique…i can give you a few lessons if you like… :laughing:
while i am whiling away the hours i sometimes phone employers up just for the crack…tell them im looking for 3 days a week..i want £100 a day ..take home..when they finish laughing..they hang up..i dont know why ? but im gonna do some part time work in september when i get back from bulgaria…i leave on the 19th july and come home on the 1 sept…an overland expedition in my motorhome…nice work if you can get it…well the old womans paying so i guess i`ll have to take her too…
have a nice day

I always ask, I aint wasting my time to go and find out it dont suit blind. If they wont tell me, I say tarra!

I started asking after going for interviews, getting the job then finding pay was peanuts. was costing me too much getting the suit cleaned :laughing:

i always try and find out everything i can about a job with any company,i try and speak to other drivers to find out the low down on the company.you always get a true picture from the workforce.then i phone the company up and see what they say.i normaly find that it’s a different story when you speak to the management. :wink: