What's the best truck?

So with me being pretty “green” at trucking in your own opinion what is the best make/model of truck currently on the market if money was no object?
Also what is the best value for money truck on the market?
What dealer “extras” would you have if money was no object?

Include pics if you like.

I saw a lovely MAN TGX the other day could have done a little ■■■ wee it looked that good lol

NewLad:
Also what is the best value for money truck on the market?

My Renault Magnum.

It’s got a Volvo driveline and it has a far better cab than a Globetrotter but it was 40% cheaper than a Volvo of the same age because it hasn’t got a Volvo badge.

Anyone prepared to pay £16,000 for a badge needs their head examined. My opinion only, of course! :wink:

Scanias are the best, always have been, always will be.

Saaamon:

Would you care to flesh out this statement a bit? In what way are Scanias “the best”?

Harry Monk:

Saaamon:

Would you care to flesh out this statement a bit? In what way are Scanias “the best”?

All the best drivers have scanias, need I say anymore.

It’s one of those questions that’ll go on forever.

Personally I think the DAF XF is the best availabe, Magnum a close second though. It depends on the market your working in though, as what’s good trunking between RDCs, may perform awfully with a tipper on a building site.

Saaamon:

+1 :smiley:

dew:

Personally I think the DAF XF is the best availabe, Magnum a close second though. It depends on the market your working in though, as what’s good trunking between RDCs, may perform awfully with a tipper on a building site.

Scania can do rdc work and site work.

Saaamon:

dew:

Scania can do rdc work and site work.

I take what I see in the quarries as a good indication of what works on sites, this being in Rigid form, The big 2 are DAF CFs and Volvo FMs, Now I know the DAFs way outperform the Volvo’s on tricky terrain, owing quite a lot to the Leyland designed rear suspension, so imo they end on top.

Scania come third, and MAN probably bringing up the rear, although there’s still a couple of ERF’s that would show them the way home.

I take what I see in the quarries as a good indication of what works on sites, this being in Rigid form, The big 2 are DAF CFs and Volvo FMs, Now I know the DAFs way outperform the Volvo’s on tricky terrain, owing quite a lot to the Leyland designed rear suspension, so imo they end on top.

Scania come third, and MAN probably bringing up the rear, although there’s still a couple of ERF’s that would show them the way home.
[/quote]
Go in most tips in and around London nearly all scania

Chewyboy:

And what’s delivering, as apposed to what’s been dumped? :laughing:

Saaamon:

Harry Monk:

Saaamon:

Err, yes, possibly :question:

I mean, I’ve driven plenty of Scanias before, they were one of the best trucks on the road in the 1980s but they haven’t been for decades now. They are overpriced, they are appalling in terms of driver comfort, the dealer back-up is renowned for its inefficiency, the price of parts from a Scania dealer is a joke, I’m just curious as to why they are “best”?

And please don’t answer “because they are” :wink:

Chewyboy:

[/quote]
Dafs are good for tough work like tippers because when they get bent there cheap to fix.

For tipper work I’d say they Volvo fm/fmx is pretty much the best out there at the moment.

Harry Monk:

Saaamon:

Harry Monk:

Saaamon:

Err, yes, possibly :question:

I mean, I’ve driven plenty of Scanias before, they were one of the best trucks on the road in the 1980s but they haven’t been for decades now. They are overpriced, they are appalling in terms of driver comfort, the dealer back-up is renowned for its inefficiency, the price of parts from a Scania dealer is a joke, I’m just curious as to why they are “best”?

And please don’t answer “because they are” :wink:

Yes its easy to crititise the price of them and the dealer back up but that’s such small thing in the grand scheme of things, when you put that to one side and its just you and the machine at one out on the open road you know your in special place, a place where only the select few will manage to reach.

I may be slightly ■■■■■■ at the time of posting this.

Saaamon:

Harry Monk:

Saaamon:

cor blimey some indepth reporting going on here i can see this going onto page after page of " because they are " and " my dad said they were " crap …

if you ask me scania havnt been the best since the 143 , i know that because my uncle bobs cleaners brothers friend said so … its getting worse by the day :unamused:

bowser:

Saaamon:

Harry Monk:

Saaamon:

cor blimey some indepth reporting going on here i can see this going onto page after page of " because they are " and " my dad said they were " crap …

if you ask me scania havnt been the best since the 143 , i know that because my uncle bobs cleaners brothers friend said so … its getting worse by the day :unamused:

I think there’s a lot of jealously amongest non scania drivers towards scania drivers, I can understand this but do think its abit unfair.

Drive some of the lorries that i have driven over the last 30 odd years,& as i have said before there is not a lot to choose between any on the modern brands,you do not have to drive them,as they almost drive themselves,just steer & look @ your "sat nav " :unamused:

By the way we did not have bunks in many of them ,but managed… :exclamation:

Which trucks are best ■■ White ones are definitely best, preferably not sign written with a plain trailer. :wink:

I’m 5 years off tramping, but always liked the M.A.N XXL cabs. If they made the fridges flush to the beds and reduced the size of the steering wheel, then it wouldn’t be a bad truck to stop out in all week… :wink: