Whats the best site for new jobs (not agency)

Our place gone quiet again,(a lot of Management meetings) I think it best to get out while I’m still employed.

I’ve tried online job centre & they are nearly all agency. Anyone know of other sites? I’m based in east Lancs! :unamused: :laughing:

I get a daily job alert from indeed,but like all the others its swamped with “20 New Jobs” every day…when in fact its the same agencies. you know the score. If your in lancashire I know Fagan and Whalley always looking for drivers,as there fleet is ever growing. 200 Artic units now i believe.And they have a few sub contracts dotted about.

You won’t find a decent job on the internet…

Contraflow:

true

It’s who you know, not what you know, (or what your licensed to drive) , sad but true…

Hang on!

I got my present job online, I feel that’s been great apart from the last 3 months ( no work)

Sounds like a brilliant job. :unamused:

Contraflow:

I hope you’re wrong 'cos I start one on Monday. Saw it on the DirectGov website last week, applied, got phone call, went for assessment/interview on Monday, and was offered the job on the spot. Seems like a decent outfit, been around for over 20 years, decent kit (taken out for assessment on the oldest wagon in the fleet (11 plate Scania R480)) and decent enough money on offer (guaranteed 45 hours but expect to average 55 (Mon-Fri)). Off every bank holiday, plus 20 days holiday per year. Possibility of occasional nights out (@£23.50), and regular Saturdays on offer.

Proof of the pudding will of course be in the eating, but I’m actually quite looking forward to 7 o’clock on Monday morning. (I must be maaaaaaaad! hysterical laughter echoes around the room) :laughing:

sonofjamie:

Contraflow:

I hope you’re wrong 'cos I start one on Monday. Saw it on the DirectGov website last week, applied, got phone call, went for assessment/interview on Monday, and was offered the job on the spot. Seems like a decent outfit, been around for over 20 years, decent kit (taken out for assessment on the oldest wagon in the fleet (11 plate Scania R480)) and decent enough money on offer (guaranteed 45 hours but expect to average 55 (Mon-Fri)). Off every bank holiday, plus 20 days holiday per year. Possibility of occasional nights out (@£23.50), and regular Saturdays on offer.

Proof of the pudding will of course be in the eating, but I’m actually quite looking forward to 7 o’clock on Monday morning. (I must be maaaaaaaad! hysterical laughter echoes around the room) :laughing:

20 days holiday pay? shouldn’t that be 28 days

gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights

Waco:

sonofjamie:

Contraflow:

20 days holiday pay? shouldn’t that be 28 days

gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights

Yes but it can include bank holidays, he’s already said he’s off every bank holiday, so by my reckoning that makes 28, which is legal.

Job websites to try but most will have agency on them.
Eures.
Rapido.
Gumtree.
On the job centre website i would look for a haulage firm name and ignore the agency names.
In the truck magazine, for free,you can place an advert and firms ring up offering work.

@Waco - NewLad has already answered your question but just to confirm, I will also get paid for the 8 Bank holidays that I will be off. (It may actually be 9 bank holidays (I think we get an extra one up here) plus 19 days, but anyway he definitely said 28 days total and we’re off every Bank Holiday - so all legal! :laughing: )