Whats happening to the industry?

easter has come and gone but where has the work gone? it normally picks up by the middle of April but i have been turned down for a job because they cant find enough work for their whole fleet. they have a truck of the road because they dont have anything to put on it. the driver shortage is not as desperate as we all expected after the WTD kicked in and now we may know why. there is a drop in the requirement of trucks at the moment :open_mouth:

got to agree to certain extent scanny,take my trade beer deliverys sales have dropped right off .Been stuck in the depot for 1 day this week ,never been known before

peter cherry:
got to agree to certain extent scanny,take my trade beer deliverys sales have dropped right off .Been stuck in the depot for 1 day this week ,never been known before

sorry pete ive been trying my best… in fact im going to have a good go tomorrow afternoon. so you should be busy thursday :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No ones buying retail at the moment, Panasonic, Dixons, NYK etc are all very slow so agency’s push thier drivers into supermarket’s etc, and it goes in a circle.
Easter was early so the holiday season (weeks off as opposed to days) has been delayed a while :bulb:

Been working like a slave here. My usual 2 months off after New Year never materialised and I even worked 3 days over Xmas week. First week I’ve had thats been quiet since last April but that’s mostly because I’m limited to the types of job I can do due to ill health however the TM at the place I tend to be at the most said I’ll be working flat out after 1st May because everyone starts to take their holidays then.

Maybe you’re limiting what you’re prepared to do or need to broaden the types of job you take.

its not me mate. i applied for a job a few months ago on the offchance that they had something. i called them today to see whats what. they have a truck off the road at the moment because they dont have enough work for it. that was Howard Tenens. not exactly a small company :open_mouth:

It’s very quiet at the moment probably due to something on may 5th ?

MrReliable:

May 5th, what’s happening on May 5th, can you still get tickets or is it a sell out? :confused:

CM:

MrReliable:

May 5th, what’s happening on May 5th, can you still get tickets or is it a sell out? :confused:

yes you can get a ticket

just make sure you tick the labour box :wink:

don`t let thatchers vampire in :smiling_imp:

jon