whats going on

first lucy dos’ent get enough views on her topic so thats made a sticky

and this…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74715

i dont know his nan and to be honest im not bothered by his nan and thats made a sticky as well, 8 comments in 11 days.

this has also been done and dusted… ffs get a grip

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71310

and there’s this…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74490

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Somebody not getting enough attention :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How come your not a mod anymore Alex ?

mark h:

Mark I got the sack for abusing my privileges like Lucy is doing for fuel question.

Just to be honest I wouldn’t approve rog’s posts cos I think he is a zb.

jessicas dad:

mark h:

Mark I got the sack for abusing my privileges like Lucy is doing for fuel question.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At least you’re honest! Strange thing though is that Neil is still a mod… ho-hum… :open_mouth: :wink:

Rob K:

jessicas dad:

mark h:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At least you’re honest! Strange thing though is that Neil is still a mod… ho-hum… :open_mouth: :wink:

I occasionally approve his posts. Just occasionally mind, sometimes I just leave them for later if I’m busy. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

jessicas dad:

mark h:

I did notice a few missing so were they ‘accidently’ deleted :question:

ROG:

jessicas dad:

mark h:

I did notice a few missing so were they ‘accidently’ deleted :question:

perfectly understandable :unamused:

Ya just can’t beat the Yorkshire ‘Bluntness’ and how they get straight to the point.
Soz about your promotion to ‘normal’ poster Alex.
‘Special K’ and Rog should be Mods. That would make for some ‘fun’ on here. lol

jessicas dad:

mark h:

Lucy didn’t sticky the fuel question, precisely because that would have been an abuse of privileges. She doesn’t even know who did sticky it, she just came home and found it there. But then she already told you that on the thread itself. :unamused:

Lucy:

jessicas dad:

mark h:

Lucy didn’t sticky the fuel question, precisely because that would have been an abuse of privileges. She doesn’t even know who did sticky it, she just came home and found it there. But then she already told you that on the thread itself. :unamused:

“Lucy” and “She” ■■ Who are you, pretending to be Lucy??

Isn’t this how Lucy would have written it:-
I didn’t sticky the fuel question, precisely because that would have been an abuse of privileges. I don’t even know who did sticky it, I just came home and found it there. But then I’ve already told you that on the thread itself. :unamused:

ffs alex get a grip…so what if theres some daft threads on here. and moaning cause rob put up a post about the childrens comvoy? seriously? youve never been along to one so why the {zb} are you moaning about it?

gogzy:
ffs alex get a grip…so what if theres some daft threads on here. and moaning cause rob put up a post about the childrens comvoy? seriously? youve never been along to one so why the {zb} are you moaning about it?

listen ■■■■ head… im not moaning about the convoy but it was over with a couple of weeks ago so why is the thread still a sticky.

jessicas dad:

gogzy:

listen ■■■■ head… im not moaning about the convoy but it was over with a couple of weeks ago so why is the thread still a sticky.

Industrial strength super glue■■?

jessicas dad:

gogzy:

■■■■ head? ha whatever alex get a {zb} grip of yourself seriously

gogzy:

jessicas dad:

gogzy:

■■■■ head? ha whatever alex get a {zb} grip of yourself seriously

HMMM… ok from the top. Lucy did not sticky her post, I did,

I stickied it just after I dropped two polls off “sticky” that we had running, those two polls were to get info for for the company that owns this website, Lucy’s question (as was made clear) is to gain info for an article for one of our magazines.

We make no secret that we use the forums to provide input to the magazines, we do make sure that posts that specifically are for articles make it clear that what they are for.

While you get to use the forums as you wish, they are also an asset to us, and we do use them both as an asset for staff and for our freelancers, So I see no problem with making a post a sticky if it will help our other titles.

I will not comment on why JD is longer a moderator, such things are kept between the team and the member. I will say that JD’s input to the team and his hard work to grow the forums is acknowledged and appreciated.

As for my participation on the forums, I am on the forums most days, some days for a matter of hours, I do not take part as much as I did as it is a self sustaining forum for drivers, a role I no longer do, the forum is basically run on a day to day basis by drivers who have moderator or admin positions,. I oversee, over rule, get shouted at and told to bog off as the team see fit, At the end of the day the forum buck stops with me, but the team who actually run it do it so well there is no need for much more than minimal input from me. The forums are also only part of what my job entails nowadays- giving me even less less time to get directly involved.

But make no mistake, these forums are at the heart of what i do, and I fight its corner all the time, I did not create this huge vibrant community you all did, and the fact it has grown into what it is , is not down to me, but down to the team of other members who are/have been moderators and managed to keep it on the straight and narrow.

The way I balance it is that I judge the amount of complaints of over moderation, by the amount of complaints under moderation, and while they are around 50/50 we have it about right.

Its not an exact science, but as a rule those that shout long and hard about every little thing, their views carry less weight than the member who takes part on the forums but once in a blue moon wants to point out something to us

Not a particularly fair or democratic way of running things, but it has worked for the last 10 years and as long as I have a say will work for the next 10 :smiley: