What's Going on Here Then

Well, just got my licence back from DVLA, (took them 5 weeks to get it sorted), was my 60th birthday last month so was thinking i’ve got another 5 years to next renewal before it switches to yearly.
According to the dates on my licence it runs out again in 2025■■? WTF is that all about?? Another money making exercise from the government??

Now i must add that i had a pacemaker and stent fitted last June and took around 6 months to get my licence back then but i passed all the necessary tests then and went for my medical this time without any problems so is this the reason they are hedging their bets with my licence thinking we had better check him again in a couple of years??

I know a few on here have had strokes/heart attacks/stents fitted, anyone else had this with renewal being limited to 2 years??

RIPPER:
Well, just got my licence back from DVLA, (took them 5 weeks to get it sorted), was my 60th birthday last month so was thinking i’ve got another 5 years to next renewal before it switches to yearly.
According to the dates on my licence it runs out again in 2025■■? WTF is that all about?? Another money making exercise from the government??

Now i must add that i had a pacemaker and stent fitted last June and took around 6 months to get my licence back then but i passed all the necessary tests then and went for my medical this time without any problems so is this the reason they are hedging their bets with my licence thinking we had better check him again in a couple of years??

I know a few on here have had strokes/heart attacks/stents fitted, anyone else had this with renewal being limited to 2 years??

Mine came back after apx 10 weeks apx a month ago , mines got until 2027 , just a note about must keep them upto date with any changes in illness

When is the photo due for renewal? 2 years sounds like an oddball figure so it’s either on the health grounds or the photo is due.

Conor:
When is the photo due for renewal? 2 years sounds like an oddball figure so it’s either on the health grounds or the photo is due.

New photo required with the renewal form and medical form all sent in Conor

As you say it could be on health grounds but if i’ve been cleared by my consultant/doctor/dvla medical department back in November and again passed my medical now i struggle to understand why only 2 years

DVLA just announced a policy change regarding medical conditions, I wonder if it’s owt to do with that!!! fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- … 1-000-fine

lancpudn:
DVLA just announced a policy change regarding medical conditions, I wonder if it’s owt to do with that!!! fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- … 1-000-fine

Quite possibly, but DVLA usually send out notices regarding any changes to their policies, not heard anything yet

It could be a simple mistake on their part. You are dealing with a public sector organisation, after all.

I once sent my licence back to them for whatever reason and when it reappeared it had the pass date for C+E as a couple of years before that for C. I don’t use either any more so it’s of no relevance, but had it been, I might well have chased it with them. That said, opening such a case with a body like DVSA is likely to create many months of aggravation for the driver concerned as the likelihood of DVSA accepting blame for something like this is small, I would venture.

lancpudn:

I assume that’s if you have the sight part of test done at doctors ? If you have it done at opticians they fill in all your sight info on the medical form ?