Whats europe like to drive in compared to UK and N.ireland?

V8-Chris:
Hi there, im wondering if anyone with good European knowledge could give me the low down on what its like to drive in the continent compared to over here,

ive started back with a company i used to work for and they do Ireland, Mainland and European work,

i would have the chance at times to load in Ireland and head over with a load and straight back, normally Belgium, Germany north France etc. nothing to far in.

ive a great Truck sat nav which im going to get a new set of Europe maps on, other than that im sure there’s plenty more id have to pick up and learn.

You get to have a meal with the Mayor at every town you stop at. Well thats what Toby told me! :smiley:

Remember priority to the right rule.

dcgpx:
Do you have to have held your LGV licence for any period before driving abroad?

I seem to recall a car driver had to have had it for 12mth or something before driving abroad.

There is no minimum period for car or LGV drivers.

Like others have said, the roads are much clearer, facilities far better, food much cheaper and better quality. The police are out to catch you in some countries, but as long as you don’t give them any excuse to fine you, you will be alright. Beware of weekend and public holiday bans, which I have been caught out on in the past.

irish lorries:
Who are you working for Chris

i was with MVH ballycastle, left them for certain reasons, now back with Jim Cubitt from clough, drawing loads for DFDS.