Whats best in the tip?

Leading on from my Volvo observation what 8 x 4 is the best for grip and traction when it gets sticky ?
I have always liked Fodens and Man tippers but whats the best from say 2003 to 2007.

Scammel Routeman excepted . :laughing:

Cheers .

I think you’ve quoted them already :laughing: Hinos aren’t bad apparently and although you said 2003, a local plant firm still run Merc SK 8wheelers; these still do well even when our tip’s like the Somme. The Renault Premium Lander is impressive too…I’ve watched one pull itself out when a couple of us had though it was beaten…

the tatra looks a good machine for the tip :laughing: the scania 8x4 never use to be a bad motor untill you got complacent and then it would catch you out :smiling_imp: man and foden like muckaway said are the best because off the weight off the motor.

Was thinking of buying a Hino , but hear so much bad news that I am not sure now. Mainly about reliability and excessive thirst . Not sure if this is true generally or just a few people who just don’t like them .
Interesting you say that they are good in the tip , thats a big plus for me .
Thanks.

these may aswell have a daf badge on them not like the old motors.

tipper firms from round south yorkshire run alot off hinos they dont seem to complain about them.