What's been your highest value load?

I normally carry national newspapers which are essentially just lies written on poor quality recycled paper and therefore not worth a great deal. This is a good thing though because nobody’s that bothered if I spill a few pallets onto the road or set the lot on fire with a discarded ■■■ end.

Today however, I had a special job; £14,000 worth of plastic knives and forks. It got me thinking, some of you dudes and dudesses must be carrying single pallets worth more than that.

What is the highest value load you’ve ever carried and how tempted were you to ■■■■ off to the Carribean with it?

Let the willy waving commence…

I got 26 pallets of luxury chocs on atm probably about 120grand

I delivered a summer house worth 2500 to some rich ■■■■■■■■ house in the middle of nowhere.
Probably worth more than the whole weeks deliveries of fencing and sheds.
A pallet of wine when I was doing general haulage, don’t know how much it was worth but it weighed bloody loads :frowning: I remember that one because the guy watched me struggling for ages without offering to help (I was parked on a slope). Then he told me he could get it off with the fork lift! Grrrr!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I took an exhibition from the Royal Armouries to the Kremlin in Moscow which included Henry VIII’s suit of armour and the UK’s oldest firearm, in reality it was priceless but was valued at £110 million for Customs purposes. We travelled non-stop from the Finnish border under very heavy armed guard. I’ve also taken loads of pharmaceuticals valued at around £35 million that didn’t even fill a quarter of the trailer.

I’m moving a £700 000 load next tuesday. I will be parked up off J9 of the M25 between 5PM and 2AM the following morning. I carry a penknife in the cab.

2.15 ton of computer systems for ICI Computer Systems of Scarborough when the hospital trusts first started, weighed on the mobile weighbridge at n’th side of Humber bridge. Basically each truck had GIT cover to the value of £1,000,000 per ton. The rates I got reflected this as well, was earning a fortune. Pity it didn’t last a lot longer.

Squiddy:
I’m moving a £700 000 load next tuesday. I will be parked up off J9 of the M25 between 5PM and 2AM the following morning. I carry a penknife in the cab.

Nowadays I would prefer an AK47 :slight_smile:

i`ve carried 2 canon print presses worth around £175 grand each! I remember wrapping about 10 blankets and 3 rolls of bubble wrap to each machine just for protection from scratching them! :unamused: :laughing:

1. Forty foot container stuffed to the brim with Benson and Hedges.

I had a security guard follow me around with that. Dunno how much it was worth. A couple of million?

1. Trailer full of mobile phones = another security guard.

2. Container full of stillages containing freshly minted coins.

You get a police ■■■■■■ with that one, though you do get to go straight to the front of the queue at Blackwall. We’d bury them in the middle of the stack, though someone still managed to have one away. What they did was come in at the weekend and move everything about. The coins were traced to a fairground so they go caught

Ferdy from TopRun used to take full loads of gold bullion… in a tilt. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:
Ferdy from TopRun used to take full loads of gold bullion… in a tilt. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

LoL, he couldnt have ran with that even if he tried! he looks like he`s struggling to hold it full stop! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well loaded. Evenly spread. Can’t help thinking of the ‘Italian Job’ looking at that though … :laughing:

Carried a Russian MIG23 once probably cost lots of millions when new, although once I got involved it was just the fuselage left heading for the scrapyard. Other than that it was a piling rig costing approx £250k

I’ve done a few Boeing aeroplane engines too, dunno what they’re worth but not cheap I wouldn’t imagine.

Incidentally, not many people know this but “Boeing” stands for “Bits Of Engine In Numerous Gardens” which is why we had to take the new ones out. :wink:

I’ve moved a fair bit of high value stuff in my little life…

Money Paper to De La Rue
Pharmaceutical’s with a value in excess of £20m
Full loads of perfume from Swiss
A printing press from Ilkeston to Swiss worth about £5m
A fancy alignment machine to the CV Show worth about £8m

But the best has to be De La Rue’s money presses from Byfleet to Bray in Ireland. Not sure of the value but they can’t be cheap…

BuzzardBoy:
I’ve moved of high value stuff in my little life…

Money Paper to De La Rue
Pharmaceutical’s with a value in excess of £20m
Full loads of perfume from Swiss
A printing press from Ilkeston to Swiss worth about £5m
A fancy alignment machine to the CV Show worth about £8m

But the best has to be De La Rue’s money presses from Byfleet to Bray in Ireland. Not sure of the value but they can’t be cheap…

I also carried a full shoot of SA80 assault rifle ammo to Kineton from Switzerland.

Also used to load clothes and shoes for Selfridges from Italy

use to take castings for nr birmingham to semens in the centre of berlin, they were something to do with gas turbine generators. each casting had its own flight case and only use to take up a quarter of the trailer. i remember look on the cmr and value was 26 million :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

What’s with the blue vans you occasionally see broken down on the '25 with men with machine guns standing about?

Are they full of cash money?

on gen haul i once had a load of mama mia dvds(4 weeks before release) from wilts to lancs and was told to do the run in 1 hit and not stop anywhere with it

I thought I was doing quite well with 20 odd tons of Bailey’s. Also to the doors with Dell PCs/peripherals - sometimes security from Holyhead to Germany,sometimes not.No idea of value,but wouldn’t want to pay out if they got ‘lost’.Billybigrig-where are you? Couldn’t put one of your loads on the back of a Transit pickup :laughing: :laughing: