What's an old trailer cost?

i’m being moved out of my workshop/shed/bikestore and am thinking of getting an old 40-45ft trailer to use as a replacement.

i don’t need anything fancy, just dry and secure.

i thought about a shipping container but they’re expensive and dark inside.

so does anyone know of someone in the southwest who would have something suitable?

cheers, mucker85

shippingcontainersuk.com/pro … 8b0s12p215

£700 aint bad

what about an old racing car transporter trailer, most of the hard work is done; electrics, plumbing, living area
and a large workshop,

something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WILSON-TWIN-DECK-RACE-CAR-TRAILER-TRANSPORTER-LIVING-/290622375953?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43aa718811
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RACE-CAR-TRANSPORT-TRAILER-/200674351172?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb91f9844
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FROMANT-FROMCO-TANDEM-AXLE-RACING-TRAILER-EXHIBITION-UNIT-LONG-TAIL-LIFT-/120807774656?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item1c20b459c0

you an get a decent shipping container for 500

mcgregors shafter:

not legally you cant

mcgregors shafter:

Show me where and I have a friend who’ll buy 10 of them. They’re about £1500 to £2000 now inc delivery.

thanks philgor, but it’s a bit out of my league. nice tho! :smiley:

chaversdad, that’s more what i’m looking for and definately im my price range. :slight_smile:

thanks guys, now to find somewhere to put it.

There was a company in West Brom/Wolverhampton area doing containers for £600 each last year, I know as I helped get them in there.

Conor:

mcgregors shafter:

Show me where and I have a friend who’ll buy 10 of them. They’re about £1500 to £2000 now inc delivery.

well they used to be anyroad
could find them in the back of the auto trader and those kina mags
but scrap is fetching a good price (hello coffe holic from loard screaming scrap) now so they will have gone up

how much dose a shipping container weigh?

mucker85:
thanks guys, now to find somewhere to put it.

the thing is finding a farmer who will sell you a very very small plot of land to do what you want with and no come back at him
Dont know about now but a good acre of grazing agricultural land used to cost 6 grand
but you would be hard to find a farmer or land auction that would sell such a small plot

Conor:

mcgregors shafter:

Conor, you can’t be trying very hard my friend, just done a google search and the first one I see 400 quid for a 40 ft container, 0800 061 2575 Containers Direct.

And don’t worry about a crane to get it off. I saw one delivered to a building site in the summer - they chained it to a tree and drove the truck forward until it dropped off.

hiya …have a look on E bay…i’ve seen ex parcelforce 45 ft double deck trailers go for £450. you can have a uipstairs for your stores. when you need to move hook her up and move her out.
John

3300John:
hiya …have a look on E bay…i’ve seen ex parcelforce 45 ft double deck trailers go for £450. you can have a uipstairs for your stores. when you need to move hook her up and move her out.
John

the problem with a curtain sider is you can break into it very easally

3300John:
John

Thats what i’d be looking at. Them parcelforce/royal mail trailers all tend to have thin opaque fibre glass roofs, that let in the light too.