What you think you are worth

Hello everyone.

I haven’t posted much or contributed to the forum. Although I have read loads of topics over the past year or so.

Sorry if this topic has been done to death in the past.

I read loads of topics on here about low wages.

Every job I see advertised everywhere are the rates below.
Class 2 depending on what part of the country £9-10 p/h
Class 1 ^^^^ £10-12.50, 40 hrs is £400-500 P/W, 25k basic a year.
Tramping extra plus allowances.

Euro guys seem to be clearing £500-600 p/w, 35-40k a year.

Now I don’t know if I’m been ignorant as I don’t have any commercial driving experience.
But to me that seems like decent wages for driving trucks.

Are these jobs like hens teeth to find?

£9 a hour where I’m at. Up at 01:30, back by 11am if I’m really quick (I’m not). Class 2 work delivering bread. Nothing fancy.

Every tramping job I’ve seen advertised pays somewhere between “days” and “Nights” rate.

The Euro tramper jobs pay more, but you’re away for 12 days out of 14 - so it’s a single’s job… :exclamation:

Supply & demand. The big firms have lads asking them for jobs as it’s regular work. The smaller firms usually have to pay higher wages as they’re asking you to do the work.

We should be on £10.00 for class 2 and £12.00 for class 1 with a bit more for weekends. and extra pay for qualifications.ADR HI-AB etc.

I think I’m worth £30k+ home every night.

Pimpdaddy:
I think I’m worth £30k+ home every night.

So you can dream in the comfort of your own bed.

That’s what I see all the time on here.
Guys wanting 30k a year for a 40hr wk.

Moaning about CPC.
Every industry is the same.
Health and Safety or some other ■■■■■ annual refresher course.
I don’t see what the big deal is attending a 7 hour course once a year.
Which most companies and agencies seem to be paying for.
I do agree that the system and learning is ■■■■■ but would be worth while if constructive.

36k upto April this year, that’s without nights out/meals added!!!

Winseer:
Every tramping job I’ve seen advertised pays somewhere between “days” and “Nights” rate.

The Euro tramper jobs pay more, but you’re away for 12 days out of 14 - so it’s a single’s job… :exclamation:

try 26 out of 28 and im not single :smiley:

tango boy:

You doing 40 hr weeks for 36k a year?

I’m paid what I think I’m worth. If I wasn’t, I would be somewhere else where I was valued.

Money isn’t everything - but it sure helps :laughing:

Trouble with lower paid workers these days is that everyone wants 30k a year to clean a bog for 37.5 hours a week. So they can enjoy Sky TV on there million inch LED screen, while admiring the new car on the drive and picking out the 2nd foreign holiday of the year. While wearing designer clobber, with fake tan, and awful jewellery.

Please understand I have nothing against anyone who has any, or all of the above, just understand I think if you are going to earn them by being a driver, then you are going to have to be prepared to work harder/more hours than many other industries!

I love driving, but if it didn’t pay the bills/my savings/lifestyle, I would be out of it -fast

Themoocher:

tango boy:

He could well be. But he will not be doing that Monday -Friday 9am-5pm…

F-reds:

Themoocher:

tango boy:

He could well be. But he will not be doing that Monday -Friday 9am-5pm…

Yeah it’s like 17p/h doing 40 hrs a week.
I just don’t see it myself.

Themoocher:

tango boy:

You doing 84 hr weeks for 36k a year?

EFA.

To put things in balance I did see a class 2 permanent job advertised a few months ago at £6.50 hour, direct with an aluminium coatings company. It has been advertised at least three times since then. :frowning:

F-reds:
I’m paid what I think I’m worth. If I wasn’t, I would be somewhere else where I was valued.

Money isn’t everything - but it sure helps :laughing:

Trouble with lower paid workers these days is that everyone wants 30k a year to clean a bog for 37.5 hours a week. So they can enjoy Sky TV on there million inch LED screen, while admiring the new car on the drive and picking out the 2nd foreign holiday of the year. While wearing designer clobber, with fake tan, and awful jewellery.

Please understand I have nothing against anyone who has any, or all of the above, just understand I think if you are going to earn them by being a driver, then you are going to have to be prepared to work harder/more hours than many other industries!

I love driving, but if it didn’t pay the bills/my savings/lifestyle, I would be out of it -fast

I agree mate I don’t see what the problem is been on 25k a year 40hrs plus OT and expenses.
Tradesmen aren’t on much more.
The guys that are on more work away all week doing daft hours and weekends.
Then those lads do a 4 year apprenticeship.

LIBERTY_GUY:
To put things in balance I did see a class 2 permanent job advertised a few months ago at £6.50 hour, direct with an aluminium coatings company. It has been advertised at least three times since then. :frowning:

Yeah you would prob need be of your rocker to do that for 6.50 hour

Left hand down!:

Themoocher:

tango boy:

EFA.

:laughing:

Contraflow:

Left hand down!:

Themoocher:

tango boy:

EFA.

:laughing:

Isn’t he on for stobrats?