What Would You Do

Okay i have just been told by the company i work for that they are going to get rid of my truck at the end of this month.

They have also told me that i will have to share the other truck they have, so this will mean me having to sleep in this truck maybe 2 nights a week.

I aint really keen on sleeping in someone elses truck, as the other guy sleeps in it as well.

Not sure what to do.

Personally, I would get on with it and see how it goes. If the other guy is clean & tidy it wouldn’t be a problem. I can understand why you are not keen on it though.
Bit unfair of your company to do that, too.

Brit-mark ,how good is the firm and are you satisfied with the wages,next point is the job market good where you live,With the two guys sleeping does this mean you will be working double manned,AS for two in the cab you either say okay or you when there is no other alternative you decide what for you is best, if the money is good enough and job prospects are bad, I would stay ,here in Germany many firms run double manned as this allows them to do more work,have done it my self and we still do it when it is required.

I’d look for another job mate unless you like working there. It sounds like there is a downturn in business at your firm.
I am away tramping all week and I wouldn’t like to share my wagon with anyone else. When I am nighting out I know where everything is stored, food, cd’s/dvd’s etc and I wouldn’t want to be lugging all my gear in and out of the wagon every couple of days.

penfold:
I’d look for another job mate unless you like working there. It sounds like there is a downturn in business at your firm.
I am away tramping all week and I wouldn’t like to share my wagon with anyone else. When I am nighting out I know where everything is stored, food, cd’s/dvd’s etc and I wouldn’t want to be lugging all my gear in and out of the wagon every couple of days.

I dont like having to keep changing motors all the time.
But for £29000 i cant complain.All the moving and polising up a different motor all comes out of my 48hours,so i just put up with it.And we dont poa,so jobs a good un

Tony b

penfold:

You are spot on with downturn in buisness they have just made 14 folk redundant.

from prodution through to mangers.

Yeah, i do like the job, and the pays not bad (8.24ph class 2+15 per night out) but we only do 44 hours per week and no more.

but that’s what ■■■■■■ me off, having to swap me gear every 2 days.

It’s the other guys wagon, also i smoke he don’t.

I will go with the poll though.
Cheers
Mark

Difficult situation and I don’t envy you.

This isn’t just one problem though, it’s 4 at least :

1. You want your own wagon.
  2. You don’t want to share someone elses bed, regardless of how clean or dirty they might be.
  3. You’re a smoker and the other chap isn’t - bound to lead to problems before too long.
  4. Finding work round here on class 2 that pays that sort of money.

It’s stacked up against you and only you can make the decision.

Get another job. Nothing worse than cab hopping or sharing you have to cart all your gear about with you. :smiling_imp: and clear up someone elses mess

Fresh start will make 3 people happy. You ,the other driver & the boss . It seems to be the thick end of the wedge as far as the firms concerned. When they get back on their feet give them a shout instead of waiting for your notice…Be honest with them & if they do pull round you will be first to know.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Just seen the results of the poll so far !! Drivers on here think in straight lines. It ain`t complicated… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If your happy with the job, just get on with it for a short while and see how it goes.

You never know the other driver may have the same doubts as you and leave for another job :wink: especially as he has to share his truck with a smoker :smiling_imp: