What would you do ?

Was in a meeting on wednesday to discuss our wages etc. We were taken over approx 18 months ago under tupe regs and they said they wanted to look at simplifying our wages because they are complex ! well after hearing what they propose I can assure you that we will be much much worse off even though they say we will not :angry: I we will have to go back in and battle it out but basically they want us off the old contract so that they can shaft us with the new one. If i am correct we dont have to sign anything but then they dont have to give us our payrise which has been held back for the moment and to mbe honest with what they are offering they can shove it anyway. Does anybody know who I need to contact to find out exactly what they can and cant do and assuming that we dont sign I am expecting them to make our lives a misery so was wonderin about going down the constructive dismissal route ! if any of you know of any contact nummbers to deal with the above I would be very gratefull indeed. Looks like whats been a good job for the last 17 years is finally well and truly knackerd so got nothing much to loose, thanks

citizens advice bureau or you union (join one if you’re not a member)
If you’re in a union they’ll even pay the legal fees.

Take a look at :

www.acas.org.uk

or give them a ring.

I’ve always found them to be totally impartial & helpful.
Tupe rules can be very ambiguous, and have caused more problems than they were designed to address.

Good luck.

if you aint in a union contact ACAS.

they can’t force you into signing the new contract and if they have given a payrise to them on there contract then you are entitled to it as well.

Changing your Terms and conditions would guarantee you a win if you go down the constructive dismissal route.

good luck, brother :wink:

Thanks for all your advice, will get onto it this week and let you know how I get on. Its been mentioned that if we dont sign they can refuse to give us the payrise but not sure so will have to bring that up also. ta

TIDYCAB:
Was in a meeting on wednesday to discuss our wages etc. We were taken over approx 18 months ago under tupe regs and they said they wanted to look at simplifying our wages because they are complex ! well after hearing what they propose I can assure you that we will be much much worse off even though they say we will not :angry: I we will have to go back in and battle it out but basically they want us off the old contract so that they can shaft us with the new one. If i am correct we dont have to sign anything but then they dont have to give us our payrise which has been held back for the moment and to mbe honest with what they are offering they can shove it anyway. Does anybody know who I need to contact to find out exactly what they can and cant do and assuming that we dont sign I am expecting them to make our lives a misery so was wonderin about going down the constructive dismissal route ! if any of you know of any contact nummbers to deal with the above I would be very gratefull indeed. Looks like whats been a good job for the last 17 years is finally well and truly knackerd so got nothing much to loose, thanks

I feel for you tidycab.We have just finnished 2 years of givebacks (gave up overtime and raises) from our contract,it â– â– â– â– â–  but we had to do it. The company came unstuck when it bought another outfit . Anyway we got through it and start negotiations for a new contract on Wednesday.

Potentially one of the STRONGEST industrial groups in the country,big hairy arsed truckers getting kicked about like a bunch of fannies,makes ya want to puke! If you’re not prepared to fight for what you think is right then surprise surprise it doesn’t come gift wrapped!