What would you do?

Evening All
We had notification of a unexpected/planned delivery due today. No problem, 2 x 35 kg bits of kit.
The notification said 3.6t (or 3600 kg). Must be a mistake. Cue phone calls and clarifications, yep 3.6 tonne!
40 ft unit turns up Friday afternoon, no time to arrange a big FO FLT quickly.
So the driver now has a weekend in a remote industrial estate just outside Stockholm at his leisure.
We unload on Monday then he can go back to Switzerland…
So
What would you do in this situation…?
Cheers
Paul

Can I drop the trailer…

In the yard which will be locked over the weekend?

3.6 tonnes doesn’t isn’t a lot of weight, if i couldn’t get anything to unload it i would have found a warehouse that did and send him there to unload so he could be on his way. Then i’d have it delivered when i had a piece of suitable kit scheduled to unload.

If the driver is outside Stockholm, if it was me , dial a taxi or use the tractor unit to bob tail it to the city centre , then bob tail it back to where the trailer is dropped on Sunday night or Monday morning .
Plenty of good looking women to look at in the city plus have some beers and hit the nightclubs .

remy:
3.6 tonnes doesn’t isn’t a lot of weight, if i couldn’t get anything to unload it i would have found a warehouse that did and send him there to unload so he could be on his way. Then i’d have it delivered when i had a piece of suitable kit scheduled to unload.

Just pay me half the cost of all that and I’ll happily be weekended on the remote industrial estate.I’m sure if he’s doing international work then being weekended once in a while out with the truck won’t be the end of the world.

Having said that I think EU hours regs won’t allow for weekly rest to be taken in the truck ?.It sounds like it’s an artic trailer load so drop the trailer and look for the best 5 star hotel around Stockholm with parking for a unit seems the only option. :wink:

Morning guys
As I was leaving last night he was pulling back the curtains on the trailer.
He’s staying in the cab over the weekend, we’ve given him access to the office to take a shower.
Unloading is now planned for sometime (!) Monday.
Although a quiet industrial estate, there is a shopping/leisure centre and bars 15 minute walk away.
And on the good side, temperature here is now +8 deg so not uncomfortable.
Cheers
Paul

sonflowerinwales:
Morning guys
He’s staying in the cab over the weekend, we’ve given him access to the office to take a shower.
Although a quiet industrial estate, there is a shopping/leisure centre and bars 15 minute walk away.
Cheers
Paul

Is there anyone available who can check on his welfare over the weekend? If he was happy to stop there he’s probably prepared, but still, would be nice if someone popped in to see him.

That’s nice of you to show concern for the driver OP, most people wouldn’t give a toss. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silver_Surfer:
That’s nice of you to show concern for the driver OP, most people wouldn’t give a toss. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably something to do with the fact that he is not in the UK

sonflowerinwales:
Morning guys
Cheers
Paul

I’d be off like a dog shot in the arse. I don’t mind the cold as long as it doesn’t go below 20!

Star down under.:

sonflowerinwales:
Morning guys
Cheers
Paul

I’d be off like a dog shot in the arse. I don’t mind the cold as long as it doesn’t go below 20!

That’s centigrade. :open_mouth: While the +8 was probably daytime not night and it will be dark by 4 pm. :laughing:

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

sonflowerinwales:
Morning guys
Cheers
Paul

That’s centigrade. :open_mouth: While the +8 was probably daytime not night and it will be dark by 4 pm. [emoji38]

The pedant in me says “it ain’t degrees centigrade, it’s celcius”.
But hey, who here can be arsed to argue about the exact meaning of words?

lucky driver if he is on hours…
if he is on trip money then none too pleased would be the option.
drop the trailer,and bounce to whatever fleshpit/red light area/mega shopping mall and chill for the weekend wouldnt be the worst case scenario,then wait on the assistance call on monday morning for a jump start cos he flattened the batteries running the night heater all weekend.

toby1234abc:
If the driver is outside Stockholm, if it was me , dial a taxi or use the tractor unit to bob tail it to the city centre , then bob tail it back to where the trailer is dropped on Sunday night or Monday morning .
Plenty of good looking women to look at in the city plus have some beers and hit the nightclubs .

Sweden has changed dramatically in the past 10 years. I’d stay away from the cities and keep my lorry doors locked

so long as you stay away from the taliban swamped areas then its a lovely place.
if you dont spot one within 2 mins then your not likely to have them swarming around you.
id think nothing of kipping 99% of sweden especially if outside the tramlines of any of the major cities.

This report is 3 years old. It’s even worse now

spectator.co.uk/2016/09/how … migration/

Deffo stay in my truck if i was a female

voiceofeurope.com/2019/10/swedi … -at-night/

Evening
Latest news from Sweden. Our driver is still alive!
No, a serious note, I checked on him Sunday morning, all good and no problems. Offered to use our shower and some grub, politely refused, he is from Switzerland…
Big FO forkie arrived this morning, now have a 20ft 3.6t container in our parking area.
The truck and driver set off south mid-morning…
As for the Taliban and explosions, none heard this weekend. But!
But, as with every other country, Sweden has it’s problems, never felt unsafe here, but a little intimidated by our spaghetti writing friends once.
So, no harm done, we have some hardware to play with, job’s a good’un.
Paul

ArcticMonkey:

+1
quite agree with all that bud.

its went rapidly downhill since they started letting in the great unwashed and let them just do exactly what they do once they get into any civilised country.
the difference is that although the uk and the rest of europe are only a matter of time before white genocide overwhelms us,then in sweden as soon as your out of the cities,then the population is sparsley scattered around so they dont get noticed so much whereas in england then your like a spot on a domino in any congested area.
anyone you mostly speak to in sweden is of the opinion classed by the lefties as racist similar to here with schools and such having to change their agenda to suit immigrants instead of making them conform to the law of the host country that they are milking.

dieseldog999:

ArcticMonkey:

+1
quite agree with all that bud.

its went rapidly downhill since they started letting in the great unwashed and let them just do exactly what they do once they get into any civilised country.
the difference is that although the uk and the rest of europe are only a matter of time before white genocide overwhelms us,then in sweden as soon as your out of the cities,then the population is sparsley scattered around so they dont get noticed so much whereas in england then your like a spot on a domino in any congested area.
anyone you mostly speak to in sweden is of the opinion classed by the lefties as racist similar to here with schools and such having to change their agenda to suit immigrants instead of making them conform to the law of the host country that they are milking.

Hungary and Poland are the countries taking the correct stance. Have you seen the Polish minister Tarczynski?.. a politician with more balls than all our government put together

youtu.be/TYSX2vI7oPk