What would you do?

Her indoors just rang to say that she has to take our 1 year old to hospital because she suspects that her bout of chicken pox is worse than we thought.
Now I’m parked up on a night out.
The temptation is to say screw the rules and get my ■■■ to the hospital, or do I sit tight and wait for her to give me the lowdown?!

I’d be on the way home,can you drop the trailer and leave it?
Hope little uns ok fella.

xichrisxi:
I’d be on the way home,can you drop the trailer and leave it?
Hope little uns ok fella.

Cheers mate.
If I’m going back I ain’t wasting time dropping it.

Chunkzilla:
Her indoors just rang to say that she has to take our 1 year old to hospital because she suspects that her bout of chicken pox is worse than we thought.
The temptation is to say screw the rules and get my ■■■ to the hospital, or do I sit tight and wait for her to give me the lowdown?!

Thats probably something you should be asking your boss ?

Mike-C:

Chunkzilla:

I’ll be honest if her indoors gives me the nod, the boss doesn’t get a say.

Definitely a time of trauma when the wife calls all in a panic because one of the children is seriously ill and has been taken to hospital and you are at the other end of the country, or God forbid, in another country. I have never been in that situation and hope that I never will be.
Surely it’s a call to the company call-out number that you use in an emergency to explain what has happened and hopefully they will understand and do their utmost to get you home, be it solo back to the yard with another driver going to collect your trailer to continue the journey or arrange to get you home, whatever.

Chunkzilla:

Mike-C:

Chunkzilla:

Well i find that response odd. As if you have a problem your employer might just help you i.e send a car, a vehicle, another driver or whatever. But if as you suggest you get the nod from the missus and you aint bothered, i’ve got to ask…what you asking us for ? Just do what you’re gonna do ?

pierrot 14:
Definitely a time of trauma when the wife calls all in a panic because one of the children is seriously ill and has been taken to hospital and you are at the other end of the country, or God forbid, in another country. I have never been in that situation and hope that I never will be.
Surely it’s a call to the company call-out number that you use in an emergency to explain what has happened and hopefully they will understand and do their utmost to get you home, be it solo back to the yard with another driver going to collect your trailer to continue the journey or arrange to get you home, whatever.

I don’t even know if we have such a number. I’ll admit I’m in utter turmoil right now, but she won’t let me move until she gives me the go ahead. Luckily I’m less than an hour away so can make it back sharpish

Mike-C:

Chunkzilla:

Mike-C:

Chunkzilla:

Well i find that response odd. As if you have a problem your employer might just help you i.e send a car, a vehicle, another driver or whatever. But if as you suggest you get the nod from the missus and you aint bothered, i’ve got to ask…what you asking us for ? Just do what you’re gonna do ?

Just seeing whether I’m alone in my thoughts and in honesty I need something to occupy me while I wait for her to respond.
The reason my attitude is as it is, is because I don’t want to be told no and then give a stupid response.

Point the truck towards home no job is worth more than your family, and if your boss is worth anything he will understand just ask yourself would he wait in your shoes?

If your less than an a hour away then your only 30 minutes away by car don’t you no anyone who could pick you up

mac12:
If your less than an a hour away then your only 30 minutes away by car don’t you no anyone who could pick you up

Not really no, because they’d have to come to me and back again so that’s still an hour. And that’s if anyone is available.

Forget the tacho rules and a silly little infringement, get home now mate, what is more important, somebody else’s tin box on wheels that earns the boss money or family.

You need some better mates. What time did you start this morning?

It happend to me when i was with stobarts.I was 3 hours from the yard i phoned in spoke to the supervisor truck and trailer back to the depot nothing was sayed.And it was because my wife was rushed in due to a compication during pregnancy.Just phone in and talk to them they should understand.

mac12:
You need some better mates. What time did you start this morning?

I started at 530. I do, unfortunately with being such a young un most of them will be ■■■■■■ up.

Are you on an MSA? get a lift off a nightman.

In a town? find a bus station or a taxi if only an hour away.
Police station?

Ring a mate/ member of family.

Ring your boss at home, he could have a mate or contact in that area.

It things go ■■■■ up big style while you are driving during your daily rest… bad news mate.
Not being funny mate, but use a bit of initiative, I would be out of the cab right now, not posting on here.
Hope your kid is ok btw.

robroy:

It things go ■■■■ up big style while you are driving during your daily rest… bad news mate.
Not being funny mate, but use a bit of initiative, I would be out of the cab right now, not posting on here.
Hope your kid is ok btw.

Cheers robroy, I’m out of the cab wearing out the tarmac pacing. She’s telling me not to come back but she’s still waiting. I’m twisting in the wind. I’m only posting on here because I need to vent somewhere in honesty.

Chunkzilla:

robroy:

Hope your kid is ok btw.

Cheers robroy, I’m out of the cab wearing out the tarmac pacing. She’s telling me not to come back but she’s still waiting. I’m twisting in the wind. I’m only posting on here because I need to vent somewhere in honesty.

You have wasted an hour now, you could have been home.
If it was my kid I would not have waited for the Mrs to ring back I would be half way home right now.
Try and get some sort of lift as I said, ■■■■ the job, your Mrs needs you.
Think yourself lucky you are not over the water, but only 1 hour away, not having a go mate, but get yourself off here and motivated ffs.

The trouble with being young and new(ish)? in the job. You think your actions will be rewarded with a gold star.

I’m afraid you only get them in nursery school.

In my younger days I would have been doing the same as you, now a bit longer in the tooth I would give the boss a call to let him know there is a problem and where does he want me to leave the keys.

You can always get work, but time with family in a personal situation only comes round once.

Make the call - make a decision. Hope your girl is OK.