What would you do/have you done when

while you are sitting at traffic lights, a group of young lads jump on the back of your flatbed?

drive on

In general I’d switch off, get out and ask them what they think they are doing.

Well, it happened tp me yesterday. Unfortunately I was busy eyeballing the map and still trying to decide on left or right l so I didn’t notice them sneak on until after I’d started moving off and then went to check my mirrors for the corner.

I’m not sure who was more scared, me or the kids :stuck_out_tongue: I may have slammed on the brakes a little to harshy. Kneejerk reaction.

Unfortunately, they were right scabbly little sods who proceeded to scream and yell victoriously while pelting the motor with stones.

Put it in gear, and run over the little [Zb]'s. :smiling_imp:

Trouble is DS if you had have done anything it would have been you in the wrong. Pleased your ok after the ordeal.

I remember when I used to do a milk round with a flat bed van. One of the scabby areas in Heckmonwike (the School estate) was terrible for kids generally doing anything they can to you off.

One evening I’d returned to the van and set off down the road when I looked in the mirror I had two young lads (about 12yro) chasing me on foot. For some reason they thought it was hilarious and kept on trying to jump up on the back. One of them made it and was dancing about on the flat bed but the other one was still running after me. They soon stopped laughing when I slammed the brakes on and the one dancing about on the back was catapaulted into the back of the cab and the other one was nearly sliced in two by the back of the bed.

Never had any trouble from them after that. :slight_smile:

RobK, that was very very naughty of you, write out 100 times " I must not be such a naughty boy" :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing:

ps. I hope you didn’t damage the paintwork

Dratsabasti:
RobK, that was very very naughty of you, write out 100 times " I must not be such a naughty boy" :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing:

ps. I hope you didn’t damage the paintwork

:laughing:

Rob K:
One of the scabby areas in Heckmondwike (the School estate)

there all scabby in hecky,i used to lake around there about 15 years ago when one of my mates moved there,we used to get up to all sorts round there :wink: ,nice to see things havnt calmed down yet.i neally went to live there myself,still i enjoyed it :laughing: ps i couldnt resist spelling it right for you.
jon

I’ve got into the habit now of reversing back 8 foot or so when i see the asylum seakers try to open my back doors when i’m waiting to pull off from that dodgy junction on ZI Dunes in Calais. Trouble is though its gonna back fire one day and thay are gonna recognise me from the week before. Ummmm think i’ll stop doing that now!!!

Dapper Scavenger:
while you are sitting at traffic lights, a group of young lads jump on the back of your flatbed?

whatever you would have done, somebody would have said it was wrong.
if you get out ,someone might have jumped you
if you stay still,they think its a playground and start jumping up and down and running around
if you drive off with them on,they might say you are driving dangerously and try and do you
i think you did the right thing a low speed collision with the headboard does it no harm :wink: :laughing:
glad to see your ok dap
jon

slam on brakes select reverse gear and see how quick they move :laughing: :laughing:

had this when i worked for ryder system care as an agency driver,we where delivering to a house in barrowfield glasgow ( next to celtic park) i was in a 17 tonner box vehicle.now for them who don’t know barrowfield,it’s the kind of area where even the police get a police ■■■■■■ to enter this estate :laughing: as i turned into the estate i noticed about 30 guy’s at the end of the road kicking a ball about,the porter noticed that he had taken me into the wrong street,so as i got turned round i noticed a few off them was running towards the tail lift and one had went round to the control box to try and get the tail lift down,i slambed the brakes on as a couple had jumped on the tail lift.as i come to a sudden stop the two on the back fell off,but before they did they hit the tail lift and burst their noses open.3rd gear was selected and off we went.when we got to the next delivery by the amount of blood on the tail lift it must have got them a sore one. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: Shocked them in return, by giving them a, hand glued to the horn toot, for as long as it took for them to get off! Thereby creating more anarchy than them! Plus the level of noise, wouldn’t make them want to stay for very long!

i would have drove on and plead ignorance latter saying i didnt know they were there. :laughing:

I don’t know how true the story is but…I once worked with a guy who had inadvertently run over some little scum bag who was holding onto the back of his vehicle whist riding a bike.
The story was that both the traffic cops who turned up took it in turns to stand behind the vehicle & sit in the drivers seat, both agreed the kid was “probably not visible to the driver”, unless they were looking at the rear views excessively & as it would have to be proved he had acted negligently or deliberately, then no case to answer sir.

I’d go for what Jessica’s dad suggested. Drive on pretending I haven’t seen them. Then perhaps do an emergency braking cos there might have been a cat running across the road :laughing: :sunglasses:

In the end of the day the prosecutor have the burden of production of evidence, not the defendant. Unless someone clearly saw you react in a way that clearly showed you knew the kids were there they can not prove that you deliberately tried to harm them. No evidence - no case.

■■
Jo

sammy5040:
I’ve got into the habit now of reversing back 8 foot or so when i see the asylum seakers try to open my back doors when i’m waiting to pull off from that dodgy junction on ZI Dunes in Calais. Trouble is though its gonna back fire one day and thay are gonna recognise me from the week before. Ummmm think i’ll stop doing that now!!!

I always have BOTH my rear doors padlocked when I am heading for Calais. I refuel in the IDS down there and if in the mood, deliberately go slowly around that corner!!! I love seeing them run after me and then slow when they realise they can’t open the back doors lolol I usually give a blast of the horn and the middle finger then :o))) But one of these days they is gonna see me coming and remember lolol