What will tomorrow be like?

It was a beautiful day.

It was a beautiful morning as he got out of bed. Slipped on his slippers then dragged him self to the shower.
Ah he loves Fresh Eggs on toast in the morning, a read of the guardian just the back page mind no time for the rest of it.
He even likes the drive to work in his newish bright red Ford focus. The traffic is always a problem this time of a morning, bloody kids. They should walk to school he mutters under his breath.
At work his 1st chore was always to open the post, he loved getting the outstanding cheques; it made him smile, as he opened the shop for another successful day selling ladies underwear. It never surprises him when they were a queue to get in; after all he ran a very successful business.
After the delivery of another successful selling brand, good day to you driver he said with a wave and a smile.

He always enjoyed his lunch he nipped round the shop for a hot roll and cream bun he always sat on the same bench watching the world go by. He watched with interest as the local Police whizzed past with a van going to the local court house with the latest naughty boy. He wondered if the parcel man delivered his new gas barbeque he really hoped he had because it was a sunny day and he was thinking of using it when he got home because he had guests coming round.

After another successful day he nipped to the local Sainsburys for his BBQ meat he was excited when his wife phoned him with the good news, 6 steaks some chicken maybe some sweet corn he muttered to himself, 6 bottles of new world white wine and his trolley was full, he nipped into the petrol station …Save me going in the morning he thought to himself.

It was a beautiful day he said to his wife before kissing her on the forehead, goodnight tomorrow should be another day like today.

It was a horrible day

It was a horrible morning as he got out of bed. Slipped on his slippers then dragged him self to the shower, he hated cold showers but ever since the Truckers have been on strike the power cuts were getting a regular thing

Ah he loves Fresh Eggs on toast in the morning, and a read of the guardian, only problem was no one has eaten fresh food for quite a while, Newspapers stopped going to print about a week ago so if he was lucky he would see the News on the TV power permitting.

He did like the drive to work in his newish bright red Ford focus but the petrol dried out a long time since. The traffic is not a problem anymore this time of a morning or indeed anytime, we should be able to take our kids school he mutters under his breath especially when it was raining.

Anyhow I better be off he tells his now lonely wife, she didn’t get visitors anymore it was too far to walk up the hill where she lived.

At work his 1st chore was always to open the post only he hadn’t seen post for a while, he loved getting the outstanding cheques; I must get some money from somewhere he muttered to himself. As he opened the shop for another dreadful day not selling much ladies underwear jesus even the busses don’t run the crowds to the town anymore he thought.
It doesn’t surprises him to see the town empty other than a few council workers cleaning the glass from another broken window.
If only I saw the delivery man again he said to himself, I would say good day to you driver with a wave and a smile.

He hated his lunch “tined corned beef again he thought” He still sat on the same bench watching the world go by. He watched with interest as the local Policeman peddled past. He wished the parcel man could deliver his new gas barbeque he really hoped he could have, because it was a sunny day and he was thinking he could of used it when he got home if he could find some fresh meat.

After another painful day he nipped to the local Sainsburys to see if any new stocks had arrived alas no, if only he shouted to the empty streets. It was a long walk home but he had nothing better to do, I wonder if it was like this during the War he thought to himself.

It was another horrible day he said to his wife I wish we valued Truckers before they went on strike, paid them a decent wage, give them good working conditions after all if it wasn’t for Truckers we would live like this forever but tomorrow will be another day like today.

Bravo… Bravo… :wink:

Amen to that too… that should be printed in every newspaper in the country… Might make people sit up and listen… :unamused:

wow that blew me away brilliant :slight_smile:

the quicka you get to work the better critic. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brilliant

nice one,

Thought you’d lost the plot when I read the first one Ian :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But the second one makes you sit up and think though :wink: :wink:

Food for thought though mate

very good critic, i also thought wtf is critic on, then i read the 2nd post. should send them into the local newspaper and see if they will print it. :laughing:

top notch t c :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What was the saying;

"IF YOUV’E GOT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT "

(Or something similar)

Nice one mate :laughing:

Nice one. :smiley:

One for us noobs… missed it first time round.

Brilliant TC

Quality :sunglasses:

simon

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Top post absolutely loved it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

wow if we were like our european counterparts(how unified they are when striking) this could happen…

I missed this the first time round TC, top stuff.

Brillaint, nearly didn’t read the second bit glad I did.

Long ago, well not that long,but I was trying to pursued the missus that our industry is vital and without it we would have nothing and I mean nothing. I went so far as to point things out in the house, the garden even the street and asked her how it got there! The reply well and truly shocked me. @ They go to the local chemist and get it( Hair gel), they go to the local garden centre, (roses), and the best is still to come, I asked her how the car got there and she told me the man down the garage built it! I then asked how the metal and the fuel for the car got there but I wont post the answer for the sake of embarrasing her as she is a visitor on this site recently but I think you all get my drift, I think it should be highlighted in every paper, tabloid or otherwise just what the industry means not only to as as drivers but to everyone as a nation!!

Rant over

Kev