What websites to look for job?

Hi there,

I am just wondering what search engines do you use to find class 1 vacancies in UK (essex area) ? I have been using cv-library and gumtree. Is there any other website which you could suggest to find class 1 vacancies especially ‘tramping one’. ? Most of the sites are with old information.
Regards,
E

Maritime are after 20 trampers in Felixstowe according to the star

http://www.stobartgroup.co.uk/careers/drivers/ :open_mouth:

gonna get flamed for that methinks :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

There is a site called jobrapido that works nationwide ,give it a go.

Try Indeed.co.uk Too much agency adds for my area! (Norwich) but might be ok for Essex!

chester1:
Maritime are after 20 trampers in Felixstowe according to the star

I have already sent a CV to them and contacted, so fingers crossed. Also they have an advertise every month which seems a bit strange.

eddyyss:
Also they have an advertise every month which seems a bit strange.

Nothing strange about that. It tells you a lot about the job…probably.

I’d get a pair of these on:

and get out there doorstepping. It’s got to be less depressing than wasting your time wading through all the agency non-jobs and companies that have to advertise because they don’t have a lot to offer.

just go for drive and knock on doors
how many agencies you with

The government site direct.gov was ok when I was looking in the summer .
But as said feet are better than fingers go knock on doors shows you are keen enough to make the effort and it gives you a chance to see if you like the look of the place and how its run aswell.

Jeff.

I just started a job after looking for a few months. Tried all the websites etc. walking in did the job. Eventually. Go for a walk. It works

macplaxton:

eddyyss:
Also they have an advertise every month which seems a bit strange.

Nothing strange about that. It tells you a lot about the job…probably.

I’d get a pair of these on:

and get out there doorstepping. It’s got to be less depressing than wasting your time wading through all the agency non-jobs and companies that have to advertise because they don’t have a lot to offer.

Agreed just go knocking, right place right time does happen

I have an android app on my phone from Indeed jobs just type job type and area into the app and it comes up with loads of jobs.Some are good some are not so good jobs. You can set up alerts then you know the minute a job is posted on their site

Reed
total jobs

How many times do we have to say it (not having a go at the OP here), good jobs do not get advertised, ever, you get those clod hoppers on your plates and go find them.

Companies who have to advertise constantly tells you everything you need to know, not saying don’t work there, any old port in a storm etc when needs must, but only use them as a stepping stone and bugger off when something better comes along…just as they use people as cheap labour to be taken advantage of.