What was your worst driving day?

tell me about the day you wished was over …

yesterday was funny/scary

1 .car broke a spring on way to work … result 2 new tyres , spring and strut

1. loaded truck … went to Sunderland docks … found ship … pulled up , jumped out … cue van driver shouting "oy mate your on fire " ----- " EH " I shouts back … he points to wagon … oh flipping heck … flames rising from battery , licking lower body … luckily fire extinguisher nearby …

2. ring transport mananger … cue expletives , then "how have you done that ?

3. cue expletives from me … and then looking at melted batteries … re dial transport manager … "which dim wit decided to chain batteries on [over positive terminal !!]

4. cue appearance of sheepish looking transport manager …

6 . long story short vehicle taken for repair … finish deliveries in 7. 5 ton … rendezvous with our 3.5ton van to do next delivery in Hartlepool … who jumps out of 2 week old van and shouts "look at what this wagon has just done to my van "

Do you ever look about and think " wheres the ■■■■■■ cameras "

carnt see meny replies to this but if you menshon ■■■■■■■ it would get to 9 pages. ive not been on here long but think its very childrenish, a :unamused:

eezeer:
carnt see meny replies to this but if you menshon ■■■■■■■ it would get to 9 pages. ive not been on here long but think its very childrenish, a :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing:

Havnt had a really awful day but there have been a couple of times where the lorry has almost been left at the side of the road with the keys down the drain.

Today was close, hydraulic pipe burst on hiab dumping 50litres of hydraulic oil on irate customers driveway , 4 hour repair, next drop, lifted ton bag that split all over lorry & roadside , fun aye …

Although not driving as such, spare a thought for the poor fitter who opened the back of this van to fix the tail lights. Must have got a nasty surprise. Might go down as his worst day.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n … d-22201793

kemaro:
Today was close, hydraulic pipe burst on hiab dumping 50litres of hydraulic oil on irate customers driveway , 4 hour repair, next drop, lifted ton bag that split all over lorry & roadside , fun aye …

That il teach ya not to grab em :smiley: . . pity it didnt happen on the 1st drop,would have soaked up the hydraulic oil :bulb:

new id bump it a bit :smiley:

new day same sheet !!! :smiley:

Saaamon:

eezeer:

Havnt had a really awful day but there have been a couple of times where the lorry has almost been left at the side of the road with the keys down the drain.

You looked like you were doing alright at the farm in Soham on Tuesday! I was going to wander over and say hello, then they started unloading me, and I never got a moment’s peace. I did wave as you drove past on your way to the weighbridge, but don’t know if you saw me.

And yes, I’ve had a few days like that - the worst was trying to get into a self-storage unit in Croydon. I phoned in advance to check that I could get an artic in - yes, no problem, we get them all the time.

Cue a lot of shunting, wriggling, shimmying, and I finally get in. Go to see the receptionist, who takes a look and says bloody hell - I didn’t know you meant one that size! You’re going to have a lot of fun getting out! To cap it all, the load got cancelled, as the person hadn’t had time to get all their stuff together, despite booking the lorry for that day. They wanted me to wait for a couple of hours! I did say that if I was still trying to get out at that point, then I’d take the load…

Gary

My Class 1 Driving test. I passed it :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

My first driving job at 18 was working for Bobbys Foods in Bromsgrove driving a 7 1/2 tonner.

One day I had to do a day at the North London depot.

The worst day I ever had was 35 drops round the centre of London, firstly selling then delivering stock to corner shops.

I was a nervous wreck by the end of the day but I did it :smiley:

Suedehead:

kemaro:

That il teach ya not to grab em :smiley: . . pity it didnt happen on the 1st drop,would have soaked up the hydraulic oil :bulb:

Who said I grabbed it ?

I remember my worst day, it was when I drove a sprinter. I was being taken off local work I.e birmingham/Shropshire and going further afield, central London!

I was allowed to take the van home the night before as I was leaving at 4AM set my alarm for 3.30 but slept through it slightly so I rushed straight to the van half asleep. Within 5 minutes I’d crashed into a parked ford Ka :imp:… When I say within five minutes, I mean my house number is 75 and the girl who’s car it was lived at 37 :confused: . Not sure I’ll ever forget looking in the mirror and seeing a KA nearly in two halves and my neighbours on thir drives in their dressing gowns :blush:

The car was a write off and I had to limp the van back to the yard.

For every bad thing comes good though as I ended up being in a relationship for a while with the girl I’d crashed into :laughing:

Needless to say I’ve learnt to have a good 45 mins eating or relaxing before starting work!

scaniason:

Saaamon:

eezeer:

You looked like you were doing alright at the farm in Soham on Tuesday! I was going to wander over and say hello, then they started unloading me, and I never got a moment’s peace. I did wave as you drove past on your way to the weighbridge, but don’t know if you saw me.

And yes, I’ve had a few days like that - the worst was trying to get into a self-storage unit in Croydon. I phoned in advance to check that I could get an artic in - yes, no problem, we get them all the time.

Cue a lot of shunting, wriggling, shimmying, and I finally get in. Go to see the receptionist, who takes a look and says bloody hell - I didn’t know you meant one that size! You’re going to have a lot of fun getting out! To cap it all, the load got cancelled, as the person hadn’t had time to get all their stuff together, despite booking the lorry for that day. They wanted me to wait for a couple of hours! I did say that if I was still trying to get out at that point, then I’d take the load…

Gary

Blimmy i didnt realise there was a fellow trucknetter there, would of stopped for a chat if i’d have known. Despite being no more than about 4miles from the yard it was my first time there so i was concentrating on where i was going so didnt mean to ignore you.

What was you tipping/collecting?

I was delivering seed potatoes - had collected them from a farm just outside Gleneagles in Scotland on Monday. As I said, I was going to wander over and say hello - I could read your nameplate (can’t see things up close very well, but I’m OK at that distance!), but as soon as I’d got the trailer opened up, the guy came out on the forklift, and I spent the next 40 minutes or so holding the fork pockets open in the bags so he could lift them off.

I’d imagined you being older though - you looked all of about 12 when you drove past me!

Gary

scaniason:
I was delivering seed potatoes - had collected them from a farm just outside Gleneagles in Scotland on Monday. As I said, I was going to wander over and say hello - I could read your nameplate (can’t see things up close very well, but I’m OK at that distance!), but as soon as I’d got the trailer opened up, the guy came out on the forklift, and I spent the next 40 minutes or so holding the fork pockets open in the bags so he could lift them off.

I’d imagined you being older though - you looked all of about 12 when you drove past me!

Gary

Sounds like you had a decent trip!

Lol i get that quite a bit, im 23 so i spose im considered by some to be fairly young to be driving a lorry.

I saw you going up the M6 one day Saaamon, are you sure you’re old enough to drive that son ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only jealous, I’ve passed my sell by date ! :unamused:

Trev_H:
I saw you going up the M6 one day Saaamon, are you sure you’re old enough to drive that son ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only jealous, I’ve passed my sell by date ! :unamused:

Lol, i still get asked for ID everytime i buy ■■■■! When i was doing hiab work i asked these two builders where a certain building site was and one of them turned round and said, “no i dont, but can tell you where st marys is”, (as in the primary school).

tango boy:
My Class 1 Driving test. I passed it :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: +1