What was your first?

I thought this maybe a good topic to discuss and I’m unsure whether this topic has been discussed elsewhere but I haven’t seen anything on this, so I thought why not :smiley: :smiley:

First truck I ever went in was an ERF E14 with a 320 gardner engine.

First truck I ended up in an accident in was a sudden accident strato

First truck I went with my grandad in was an ERF EC11 with the famous twinsplitter gearbox :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

First truck I went to a truckfest in was a 2004 Foden with a 420 ■■■■■■■

First truck I got to rev the nuts off was a Scania topline, one of macfarlanes old trucks at a truck fest :laughing: :grimacing:

First truck I had a night out in was a Scania R420 highline

First ‘old’ classic truck I have been in is a Volvo F88 :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Yes I have too much time on my hands with being off college and looking for work, apprenticeships and waiting for results etc!!! But I thought this would be a good subject to talk about and get everyones memories working :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Look forward to reading the replies :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

My first truck I drove was a Scania 85 Super (wagon and drag) our own truck and I drove it between the yards age 14.
Got my HGV driving license in a Opel Blitz (7.5 tonner) and the next day with wagon and drag to Amsterdam.
Got my first night out in a Hanomag Henschel
My first “own” truck was a Daf 2000
Had the first time ■■■ in a Daf 2300 day cab with no curtains (the girl who I was seeing that time got a kick out of it)
My first International truck was a Daf 2800 DKSE ATI with the Fuller gearbox.
My first new truck was a Scania 142

the truck that got me into trucks was a Volvo F10
driver gave me lift from M6 J4 to Knutsford enroute Inverness
and then whilst up there MANs 332s i think
an eye opener after Atki Borderers and ‘A’ series ERFs

1st driven in a yard Fiat 159
the first artic Sedd ATKI 400 whislt working as a labourer on agency for
Federal Express owned by one of their subbies
took my test eventually then its a blur

1st left ■■■■■■ Morsch of Tourgoning regular driver was from Cov. He was poorly
and as he was pally with girl from my agency we got a days work
collected keys from his house plus what not to do

1st truck i ever went in was my dads Leyland Roadtrain when he worked for Pugh Lewis

1st truck i drove was a Iveco Tector rigid learning to drive

1st truck i drove as a job was a 05 MAN 18.220

1st class 1 was a 02 MAN 18.250 wagon + drag

Cant remember the first truck I went in, but the first one I drove on the road was a Bedford ‘O’ Series. Petrol engine, no seat adjustment, no heater, heavy clutch and of course no power steering. Top speed was around 40mph with the wind behind you and downhill, somewhat dangerous as the brakes were next to non existant.

Tiger.

First truck i went in was a S type bedford
First truck i drove was a maudsley
Next truck was a thames trader
Bedford TK
Maggi Deutz
Leyland beaver
etc…etc

First truck i had ■■■ in was a Guy Warrior… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: with a lady of the night, and just off the M1 :laughing:

Good topic!..

First truck I ever went in was a Ford D series (H reg) artic with a ■■■■■■■ V8 and Eaton two-speed axle (my dads)

First truck driven off road was an ERF C series (Y reg) artic, with a RR290L fitted (still my dads)

Passed my test in a Ford Cargo 24/28t artic

First truck I ended up in an accident in was a Foden 4000 6x4 T/unit (E reg), whilst running solo on a damp road :blush:

First truck I went to a truckfest in was a Mercedes 814D 7.5 tonner

First truck I had a night out in was a Mercedes 814D 7.5 tonner Iwith a crewcab conversion, at Truckfest

First ‘old’ classic truck I have driven was an ERF C series (Y reg) with a RR290L fitted (same as on first off-road drive), it’s now mine

GCR2ERF:
Good topic!..

First truck I ever went in was a Ford D series (H reg) artic with a ■■■■■■■ V8 and Eaton two-speed axle (my dads)

First truck driven off road was an ERF C series (Y reg) artic, with a RR290L fitted (still my dads)

Passed my test in a Ford Cargo 24/28t artic

First truck I ended up in an accident in was a Foden 4000 6x4 T/unit (E reg), whilst running solo on a damp road :blush:

First truck I went to a truckfest in was a Mercedes 814D 7.5 tonner

First truck I had a night out in was a Mercedes 814D 7.5 tonner Iwith a crewcab conversion, at Truckfest

First ‘old’ classic truck I have driven was an ERF C series (Y reg) with a RR290L fitted (same as on first off-road drive), it’s now mine

A good collection of trucks there :grimacing: :grimacing: It’s good to see that people still remember their first trucks :grimacing: :grimacing: What happened with the foden. :question: :question:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

First truck I ever went in, daf 95 xf low roof in about '95

First truck I ended up in an accident, (not yet), but th first accident i was in was when i rolled my first car

First truck I went with my dad, was a hire truck on saturday morning taking paper to doncaster

First truck I went to a truckfest in was a merc actros megaspace 460, 08

First truck I got to rev the nuts off was my dad’s merc, preping the truck for truckfest '04, it ran out of air :blush:, so i gave it a some to build up some air

First truck I had a night out, never not yet

First ‘old’ classic truck I have sat in was bedfor tk

first truck i drove off road backed the truck back in to it spot in the yard, after cleaning it up.

A good collection of trucks there :grimacing: :grimacing: It’s good to see that people still remember their first trucks :grimacing: :grimacing: What happened with the foden. :question: :question:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:
[/quote]
A dark, rainy November night about 10.00 ish driving unit only (or as old railwaymen would say, ‘light engine’). Going too fast around a R/H bend on an urban main road… the unit lost traction, I over-corrected and went sideways across the other side of the road, taking out a street lamp and set of bollards on a pedestrian island in the middle of the road prior to coming to a halt in a stone wall which fronted a 6ft high raised garden.

The owner of the house came down the path to me (understandably) rather cheesed off… I took the wind out of his sails by asking him if I could you use his phone to ring our yard :slight_smile: He just rather sheepishly said OK.

Just my luck that an off-duty Plod going home happened to pass by, but nothing came of it, except a final written warning :confused:

Lessons learnt: Take it easy when going anywhere unit-only, especially in the wet, especially with a 6x4.

Too fast, too young (almost 22),and too inexperienced (!)

First truck I went in was a DAF 65

First truck I drove was a Mitsibishi Canter

Worst truck I drove was a Mitsibishi Canter

First and only truck I had an accident in was a Mitsibishi Canter (not my fault btw!)

First truck I poured coke in to the brake fluid resevoir by mistake was a Mitsibishi Canter

First truck I got a bus lane ticket in was a Mitsibishi Canter

First truck I broke down in was a Mitsibishi Canter

First truck I revved the nuts off was an Iveco

First truck I overnighted in was a merc

First and only truck I got caught speeding in on a dual carriageway is my current mercedes.

I ■■■■■■■ hate the mitsibishi canter. I tried to kill it so many times but it refuses to die.

My list goes like this
1st truck was a Mercedes 814 bloody massive ex foam delivery truck on removals (E309 LNH)
1st Hgv class 2 was a Bedford TK 1260 Luton again massive ( TJA 560X)
1st night out the Bedford above
1st new truck was a Mercedes 1820 box van (S982 BSF)
1st new 6 wheeler a Volvo FM 300 (HH52 TOP)
1st Artic was a DAF 85Spacecab (VU02 KKA)
Favourite Artic Foden 450 Cat (PY52HWJ)
Favourite older truck Scania 143 500 (N500 BUY)
1st accident got hit head on by a car in the Foden
1st ■■■ in truck was in the Volvo
Yes i am a sad git for remembering the regs of them all :smiley:
Oh and my worst truck is my present Volvo FM Globetrotter i hate it :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:
First truck I ever went in was a K SERIES Ford.

First truck I ended up in an accident in was a D Series Ford

First truck I went with my grandad in was. I never met your Grandad

First truck I went to Yorkshire Truckfest in was an ERF with an L10 ■■■■■■■

First truck I got to rev the nuts off was a Leyland Mastiff trying to build the air up

First truck I had a night out in was a Bedford TK

First ‘old’ classic truck I have been in was brand new at the time and it was a 1968 Volvo F86 OBT 58G

Yes I have too much time on my hands with being off work and looking for ulcers, boils and waiting for results etc!

But I thought this would be a good subject to talk about and get everyone’s memories working

Look forward to reading the replies

Cheers

Malc

the big un:
My list goes like this
1st truck was a Mercedes 814 bloody massive ex foam delivery truck on removals (E309 LNH)
Oh and my worst truck is my present Volvo FM Globetrotter i hate it :open_mouth:

:wink: I remember 3/4 of the regs of my dads trucks so that makes two sad gits :wink: :wink:

Wheel Nut:

Wheel Nut:
First truck I ever went in was a K SERIES Ford.

First truck I ended up in an accident in was a D Series Ford

First truck I went with my grandad in was. I never met your Grandad

First truck I went to Yorkshire Truckfest in was an ERF with an L10 ■■■■■■■

First truck I got to rev the nuts off was a Leyland Mastiff trying to build the air up

First truck I had a night out in was a Bedford TK

First ‘old’ classic truck I have been in was brand new at the time and it was a 1968 Volvo F86 OBT 58G

Yes I have too much time on my hands with being off work and looking for ulcers, boils and waiting for results etc! Still not sure on them results yet, Although I’ll update on that after hospital appointment next week :wink:

But I thought this would be a good subject to talk about and get everyone’s memories working

Look forward to reading the replies

Cheers

Malc

Good collection ther Malc, it’s cool to see the different generations of firsts with trucks :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

jonnytruckfest:

the big un:
My list goes like this

:wink: I remember 3/4 of the regs of my dads trucks so that makes two sad gits :wink: :wink:

Problem is thats only half the trucks ive driven and i can remember there numbers too lol

First truck I ever went in was an Dodge, can’t remember the model but about 1977

First truck I ended up in an accident in was a Royal Mail Daf 45 T256 AER

First truck I went with my grandad in was. Blankety blank. I’m the only divvy from the family to drive trucks! Dad & Grandad were decorators!

First truck I went to a truckfest in was a 1979 mk2 ■■■■■■ van, not sure which year though :smiley:

First truck I got to rev the nuts off was a…I’ve never revved the nuts off a truck in my life!

First truck I had a night out in was a Daf 2300 18 tonner with TINY hiab

First ■■■ in a truck…are we counting “With yourself?” If not 2002 Scania Topline 8x2 with BIG hiab

MrHappy:
First truck I ever went in was an Dodge, can’t remember the model but about 1977

First truck I ended up in an accident in was a Royal Mail Daf 45 T256 AER Typical royal mail drivers!! :laughing: :laughing:

First truck I went with my grandad in was. Blankety blank. I’m the only divvy from the family to drive trucks! Dad & Grandad were decorators!

First truck I went to a truckfest in was a 1979 mk2 ■■■■■■ van, not sure which year though :smiley:

First truck I got to rev the nuts off was a…I’ve never revved the nuts off a truck in my life!

First ■■■ in a truck…are we counting “With yourself?” If not 2002 Scania Topline 8x2 with BIG hiab
:laughing: :laughing: Don’t know it wasn’t me who started with the ‘first ■■■ in a truck’ lark :laughing: :laughing:

jonnytruckfest:

MrHappy:

First truck I ended up in an accident in was a Royal Mail Daf 45 T256 AER Typical royal mail drivers!! :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: Don’t know it wasn’t me who started with the ‘first ■■■ in a truck’ lark :lol: :laughing:

Thats only cos you haven’t had it yet Jonny :grimacing: :grimacing: sorry pal you asked for that one :grimacing: :grimacing:

MrHappy:

jonnytruckfest:

MrHappy:

:laughing: :laughing: Don’t know it wasn’t me who started with the ‘first ■■■ in a truck’ lark :lol: :laughing:

Thats only cos you haven’t had it yet Jonny :grimacing: :grimacing: sorry pal you asked for that one :grimacing: :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Didn’t ask for it you just suggested it :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Although I was propositioned once at a truckfest :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Yeah I won’t go into that on T-net :grimacing: :grimacing: